News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Just got something really cool....

Started by JPotter57, 2012-10-06 14:46

Previous topic - Next topic

glen b henderson

James, I think John had a build article on his engine  in Y block mag a few years ago. I can't remember the issue, but I will try to look it up. John most likely remembers the issue.
Freedom is not Free

JPotter57

I'll see if I can find out the number, then order it...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Zapato

just what is the Y block mag? available where?

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

glen b henderson

Zap, it is a bi monthly mag published by an old time y blocker, Bruce Young. The address is;
Y Block Magazine
PO Box 1005
Ottawa, IL 61350
The subscription rate is $30.50 per year, which may seem a bit high until you remember that this is a very low circulation pub. It has articles contributed by some of the well know y block experts, Eaton and Mummert as well as some not so well known. I highly recomend it if you are into Y Blocks or just want to read some interesting stories from back in the day.
Freedom is not Free

57AGIN

James:

I did have a chance to talk to Pete McCarroll at my high school Alumni Day Car Show.  He said the got the ribbed pulleys from BDS Blower Service here in Southern California.  I didn't ask him how much, as he got them over 50 years ago.  Those kind of pulleys probably would be out of reach in most budgets.  But, you sure wouldn't have to worry about belt slipage with those pulleys.  lol.

Bob
57 AGIN