News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

lost a 4.6 info thread

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-02-18 20:04

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

back a month or two ago we had a thread going based on an article in a magazine. It compared the 4.6dohc engine to others in length and width. I've been looking for the article, can't find it, thought it was in street rodder, but searching found nothing. I gave the magazine away. Anybody remember where that thread was or can give me the mag. name and what issue it was?
Thanks, Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Tom S

Does this look like what you are talkin' 'bout?

Feb 2013 issue.  A maroon '40 brand X car on the cover.

Tom S

RICH MUISE

That's the one, thanks. I looked for a long time, couldn't find it. The article from the mag has some dimensions I needed to check clearance on my rack and pinion. thanks again
Rich

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-02-18 23:54The article from the mag has some dimensions I needed to check clearance on my rack and pinion.
All the dimensions in the article are in the pic I posted.  Two more pages in the article if you need them, but those are the only dimensions except for the brand X engine & trans.  Can you see what you need in those pix?

Zapato

don't know about anyone else but am getting the pictures but the actual dimensions are cut off.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

Zap..there's a slide button under the pic where you can move the image over and read the dim's.
Tom. I had forgotten what they had on them for tranny's. I was looking for dim's as they have given them, but for the oem 4r70w tranny. I also needed a visual on how much the tranny dropped below the engine at the plane of the bellhousing....and that article has a great view of that.
I may have to alter my rack setup a bit. Where I have my "engine block" initially set now would put the tranny bellhousing about an inch into the rubber accordian sleeve on the rack....but alot to be fiddled with yet, so maybe not. At least I know the things that I have to move will all move clearances in the right direction.