News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

time for a picnic??

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-02-25 12:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-02-25 18:21
I know 19" isn't alot for you guys up north..

Rich 19" in one storm is a lot even for the northern folks, it's just that it mostly don't go away and piles up.  19" with wind is trouble no matter where you are, even Alaska!  Big advantage the folks up north have is they know how to handle it and have the equipment to do so. 

Here in Birmingham I knew we were in the sheeets when going into check the building during one of our "winter events" as the weather folks call them.  The one bridge I had to cross was iced down pretty good.  The city was beginning to work on getting sand down........two workers in the back of a small dump truck spreading sand with shovels!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Here on the news yesterday, during the storm there were Humvee type vehicles towing the ambulances to where they needed to be. I40 still closed to Alburquerque. Suns out and shinning today..gonna be alot of water around before too long.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

The "Blizzard of 80" in Norfolk, VA had the same thing going, no HumVees but lots of 4 X 4 beach runners doing the ferry thing for folks in need of transport to the hospital. 

That thing started on a Friday around noon, Saturday morning I had to go into the ship for duty.  Took me 4 hours to get out of the developement (filled the back of my truck with snow as I cleared a path for weight) and made it in.  Worked so hard on that because I had to relieve my boss, ended up stuck there for three days.  Got home Tuesday and as you said there was water every where.  Thursday it was all gone!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Frankenstein57

We are heading up for a snowmobiling weekend , going to Door county north of Green Bay. Very beautiful country for riding, Lake Michigan on one side, Green Bay waters on the other. Haven't rode for two years, should be fun. Bill, if you go to Tom's on the way up, take 43 North up to Wisconsin, stop for a visit. I'm about an hour and 1/4 away, on your way.  Mark