News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

What the difference here?~~Repro Gas tanks~~

Started by Jeff Norwell, 2013-04-22 20:27

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

Not for a 4.6 conversion but down the same road otherwise.  With E85 and high volume pump and regulator with return line, I looked a several alternatives.  Years ago and still today, E85 is not on every corner.  Not only bigger fuel line and a return line but also a bigger tank.  Looked at custom stainless...too pricey.  Took a shot at building a stainless tank...still have a few scraps around the shop.  Finally bought a ATL 44 gallon fuel cell...hard liner, aluminum shell, heavy duty foam, sump, top cover, vent check valve, with fittings...$1800.00 +/-.  Now changing to EFI.  Bigger sump line, surge box, and new foam.  The old foam was six years old.  That's like 150 people years for foam.  New foam = $450.00.  Surge box = $150.00.  AN -12 Teflon line with fittings = $150.00.  This is just a stupid fuel tank!!!! 

I just got a quote on chroming 6 console pieces of pot medal...pitted of course...$1000.00 and they can't get to it until late August!!!!!!

I had thoughts of a graphic (tattoo) or name for the car.  One of those black holes in space that just sucks everything into it....money, time, blood, frustrations.

RICH MUISE

Well I guess I can safely scratch that one off my list.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

One note...the tank is 44 gallon and makes it one of the more expensive.  But, a 22 gallon fuel cell is not half the prices.  Another consideration is that any of the fuel cells and poly aftermarket tanks 'may not' have long lifespans!!  Most of the manufacturers mumble something about a longer lifespan if the fuel is removed, washed with soap and water, and then dried.  Fuel Safe told me to drain, wash, and dry if not going to be used for three or more weeks.  IT'S A FUEL TANK!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com