News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old car lot

Started by Ecode70D, 2013-07-20 23:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

Bought a 58 Fairlane 352 interceptor etc... for $75-, ran it hard couldn't break it if I wanted to. Bought from a neighborhood kid had been his grandpas' car, he started smoking pot and $75- bought a lot in '69, needless to say his mother was more than a little bit upset that he was selling it.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ecode70D

Quote from: 57 Ford Kustom link
Jay, I was thinking of pulling them both at the same time. I have some leaks on the transmission, I think it would be easier to replace them with it out. Tim
/quote]

Good idea Tim...  Pull  them both and repair those transmission leaks now while the engine is not running/getting rebuilt.   Jay     

Ecode70D

[quote author=Zapato link= Bought a 58 Fairlane 352 interceptor etc... for $75-, rain it hard couldn't break it if I wanted to. Bought from a neighborhood kid had been his grandpas' car, he started smoking pot and $75- bought a lot in '69, needless to say his mother was more than a little bit upset that he was selling it. Zap- :unitedstates:  [/quote]

Zap... I can understand why his mother was more than a little bit upset with  him and its a shame that he started smoking that stuff.  He's probably not alive today. 
      I can't even remember how many 58 Fords I had over the years.  I lost track at after 8 or 9 of them.    Then again I also brought home lots of 58 parts cars too.  The FE ones were very quick.
      The car that I always wanted was the 2dr 57 custom and they always managed to get away from me.  Finally about 14+ years ago I stumbled into the custom that I have now.  As I stated before it was always on the back burner but now it's running, the interior is done, and I hope to paint it this summer if I can ever finish block sanding it.  Jay