News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

For you guys in the warm states.

Started by Ecode70D, 2014-01-03 15:17

Previous topic - Next topic

jdlafayette

In '81 when I bought it

hiball3985

That will be a great project. I sure wish I had your wheels, slotted mags were always my favorite..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

John
    It looks like you have the body work under control.  Will the final paint be blue and White?
    The 390 and  Four speed top loader are naturals for that car.  Sounds like you have been at it for a few years.  It is going to have a stock type interior or custom?  You stated that you have health issues, but try to stick with it and do something whenever you can. 
      I hope that you managed to get a Mass. title for it during all this time because you know how tough they made it the past few years.  Are you missing anything that I can help you with?
      Keep in touch and I'll PM my contact informaion to you.  Jay

Ecode70D

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2014-01-04 14:42
That will be a great project. I sure wish I had your wheels, slotted mags were always my favorite..

Jim + John
   I was so busy looking at the body that I missed the wheels.  I flunked observation.

RICH MUISE

The car is looking good, JD. Did you have to do much rust repair?...sure looks solid now.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

jdlafayette

Thanks for kind words!  That picture is from the middle of last summer so I have quite abit more done to it. It's Eastwood paint Wimbleton white and metallic blue two tone like it was stock. I love aluminum slots and my friend and I were buying them up at swap meets. They are real tight in the quarter panels. Hopefully they won't rub. I want to use Lebarron Bonney interior in it. The paint and body work have been the biggest project. It was rusty and required tons of work. I have been painting it in my garage and have had lots of issues there too!
I have the paperwork from the 80's when I drove it. Mass didn't have titles for cars over 10 years back then. Hope that goes smooth. It should it's 100% legit but then again this is Mass! Can't wait to tear up the roads!

Ecode70D

Quote from: jdlafayette on 2014-01-05 07:11

I have the paperwork from the 80's when I drove it. Mass didn't have titles for cars over 10 years back then. Hope that goes smooth. It should it's 100% legit but then again this is Mass! Can't wait to tear up the roads!

John
     We just got our power back on and the house is starting to heat up.  It's below 0 degrees outside.   I hope that you guys in the western part of the state are holding up OK.

That's right "This is Mass and you know how things happen".
     I'm a retired Mass. RMV Cop.  As you know the Capital Police ,MDC Police, Registry Police and State Police all merged together.  Now it's the Dept of State Police.

If you have an old registration in "your name", you should have no problem and you "should not have to pay taxes again".  When you do register it, I suggest that you apply for a "title".  You will never regret it.  A lot of things have changed and It's too much to type.  I emailed you my contact information so you can call me.  Jay

sprink88

wow Jay, How long were you out of power for? Hope all your water lines stayed fluid
~Chris

Ecode70D

Sprink

I heard two loud boom type sounds very close to the house and we lost our power this morning.

Shortly after that I saw the police and fire vehicles arriving right out front.  Something exploded a utility pole next door two poles away from me   They had the road blocked to one way traffic.   The utility truck arrived in about a half hour.  The temp outside was below zero so I didn't go out and watched from the window.  The house was getting cold and I was just getting ready to start the wood stove when the power came back on.  It was out for a little over three hours.

During last year's blizzard we lost the power for about a week.  Thank God for the wood stove because that's what kept us warm and kept the pipes from bursting.  With the wood stove were also able to cook hot meals and have hot coffee.  If you're accustomed to coffee, you will never know how much you miss it until you can't get it.   Lots of people around me without some sort of auxilliary heat lost their pipes and had flooded cellars. 

So things are looking good.

Thank you very very much for asking.  Jay   

Jeff Norwell

Minus -37 here with the wind Chill, We got about a foot of snow in the last 24 hrs.. no big deal. throw a log on the fire and hit the coffee.
ha ha ha
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Ecode70D

It's like you guys up there  invented snow and cold weather.   This stuff that  we're getting down here is just a walk in the park for you our northern brothers. 

davemustane1

I'm just outside of Chicago and we what we got was pretty bad... about -10 to -15 for about a week and over a foot of snow but not as bad as some places, it shut everything down for a few days even the highways hell even the bars were closed, you know it's bad then. I think my next move is gonna be florida.
1957 ranchwagon
1967 f-100
and lots of motorcycles