News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

For you guys in the warm states.

Started by Ecode70D, 2014-01-03 15:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

Look at what you guys are  missing.
      Our electricity survived the blizzard so far..  Some people have none .   
      The temp in Boston is  01 degree  with a wind chill of about 15 to 25 below zero.       
      We rec. about 14-16 inches of snow.
       The winds are 48-60 MPH 
       Looking out the window I can't see the street because of the blowing snow.
        I just saw a vehicle drive past the house and I could barely see the tops of the wheels, so that means the plows have plowed me in as usual.
        Just got plowed out at 4:00 PM.  That's my driveway and my shop to the right of it behind the trees.
       Rich   Is this the reason that you left Mass?   

jdlafayette

I am in Mass too. We are west and it wasn't as bad as east, but still sucks! So cold it is painful to be outside!  :005:

robhaerr

Don't know how you guys do it.

80 degrees today in Southern California...we pay extra.

hiball3985

Quote from: robhaerr on 2014-01-03 19:38
Don't know how you guys do it.

80 degrees today in Southern California...we pay extra.
January and still in shorts, I don't know how you guys in the east can do it either.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

That is exactly why I left mass. The last winter I was there we had back to back storms three days apart that both dumped 24-30". I was young, married, had a newborn. Had a new '68 Dodge Charger, parked on the street during the first storm...24 inches of heavy and wet. Snow plow completly buried the car, and it froze overnight. Spent 3 days breaking the ice away and finally got ot out. Went and got groceries, parked back in the same spot. That night we got the 2nd storm...2 days to dig and pick that one out. I said never again, and was in Socal before the next winter....and besides that, that's where the jobs were.
Funny, I remember going to Redondo Beach..the actual beach, shortly after we arrived in Socal..it was late November. I couldn't understand why the beach wasn't packed..after all it was a wonderful 60 degrees!
Stay warm! I promise I won't bitch about the low teens were going to have tommorrow night.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Quote from: jdlafayette on 2014-01-03 19:31
I am in Mass too. We are west and it wasn't as bad as east, but still sucks! So cold it is painful to be outside!  :005:

jdlafayette
    You are the first person from Mass. that I've met on this site.  Where's Middlefield?  I'm  from the Plymouth area. 

Frankenstein57

On the East coast you name your blizzards, around here its called January :icon_rendeer:

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-01-03 19:59
That is exactly why I left mass.
Funny, I remember going to Redondo Beach..the actual beach, shortly after we arrived in Socal..it was late November. I couldn't understand why the beach wasn't packed..after all it was a wonderful 60 degrees!
Stay warm! I promise I won't bitch about the low teens were going to have tommorrow night.

Well Rich I'm glad that you don't think that 60 is cold.  I remember one night at the Pavillion in Az. when it was 50 and everyone said that it was was cold.    You made the right decision to leave.   I can't fault you for that. 

RICH MUISE

After a few years in Socal, 60 was cold.
I knew there was someone else from Mass. on the site...couldn't remember who it was. I think Jd and I did a little pm'ing back and forth a few years ago..don't remember for sure..memory problems. We need to get JD to post some more!! There may be one other also.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

petew

Second winter in North Carolina and I am loving it. It may only be 30 degrees right now but in about 15 minutes I will be in my 55 Tbird on the way to the auto parts store.If I was still in CT I would be looking at my cars in the garage, near zero temps on the thermometer and ice, salt and sand on the roads. Best thing is the end of next month we will start seeing flowers.

Ford Blue blood

It is a little "airish" here in B-Ham right now!  Clothes I put on the line yesterday are still frozen, going to freeze hard Monday - Wednesday (over 60 hours below freezing) and then warm up to a balmy 54!  Still beats the heck out of what I left WI in, -14 in Pardeeville at 0630 on the 30th, was -10 at the tole gate in Rockford and 0 in Bloomington/Normal......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

jdlafayette

Rich and Ecode,  I live in Middlefield, Ma. , A town of about 500 people on top of a mountain. It's about an hour west of Springfield, Ma. Sorry I don't post more, but I like to just soak up information. My Fairlane is still aways from driveable. My old high school car that was really rough. I have a lot of health problems lately so that doesn't help.

Maybe this summer I could catch up with Ecode when I am at that end of the state. Also going to SanDiego on tues for a well deserved vaca.

Ecode70D

Quote from: jdlafayette on 2014-01-04 09:39
Rich and Ecode,  I live in Middlefield, Ma. , A town of about 500 people on top of a mountain. It's about an hour west of Springfield, Ma. Sorry I don't post more, but I like to just soak up information. My Fairlane is still aways from driveable. My old high school car that was really rough. I have a lot of health problems lately so that doesn't help.

Maybe this summer I could catch up with Ecode when I am at that end of the state. Also going to SanDiego on tues for a well deserved vaca.

I sure do hope that we can hook up some time.   That will give me a chance to show you my bottom of the line plain Jane cheapo 57 custom and the rest of my cars..   I'm just a few miles from Plymouth Rock.  Do you come to the eastern part of the state very often?  I don't get out to the Springfield area as often as I used to years ago.
   What type Fairlane do you have and how is it coming along?  I plan on registering mine and driving the wheels off of it this summer. Jay

jdlafayette

Jay, Sounds like a plan. I am out on the east coast quite a bit so I will keep in touch when the weather is a bit better.  My car is a Fairlane 500 2 door hardtop. I built a 390, dual quads, toploader 4 speed and 3:70 locker. I am not too far from firing it up, but have to finish the paint, interior and glass. I bought it in '81 and sold it in '87 to my cousin. I bought it back in '07 and have been working on it since.
I read about your car awhile back. Sounds cool. I never had luck posting pics. on this site, but will try again.
John

jdlafayette

Try to post my car