News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Started by 59meteor, 2014-02-02 01:16

Previous topic - Next topic

jumping jack flash

Welcome. Why do all of our across the border members come from the north side? No hot rodders in Mexico?I know of at least one Ford over there that the owner would like to get back on this side.....Welcome again, I like Meteors.

sprink88

I was at Cub Foods today, and in the Magazine section, they had a Canadian Hot rod mag. You ever see it 59meteor?
~Chris

59meteor

Quote from: sprink88 on 2014-02-05 19:46
I was at Cub Foods today, and in the Magazine section, they had a Canadian Hot rod mag. You ever see it 59meteor?
Yes, I have been a subscriber to Canadian ot Rods for several years now. You can often see a lot of 57 Ford coverage, as Terry the editor, has a 57 Ford 2 door station Wagon drag car, and his father raced a 57 Ford Sedan Delivery decades ago. I think its a pretty good magazine, as it has quite a wide variety of subject vehicles, from Hot Rods, show cars, rat rods, muscle cars, race cars, as well as show/event coverage.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

rmk57

I think it was last months issue had a 57 custom 300 gasser, two tone green and white powered by a 427 SOHC. I'm sure it was from back east.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

hotroddonnie

My 57 was in Canadian Hotrod back in Aug/Sept 2o11 volume 6 issue 6 under the section, What's in your garage. That's when it was at this stage.

sprink88

Dang, now you guys make me want to go back and buy it!
~Chris

Ecode70D

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2014-02-06 19:41
My 57 was in Canadian Hotrod back in Aug/Sept 2o11 volume 6 issue 6 under the section, What's in your garage. That's when it was at this stage.

Oh come on now Donnie..    We all know that you started with "a nice pristine low mileage car" with original paint and interior..  That picture was taken after you took that nice car apart and started making it into a Gasser.

Jeff told me that you bought that car from an old lady that bought it new.  It was always garaged, and never driven it in the snow.   OH...... I forgot the old lady only drove it to church on Sundays if it was a nice day.   

hotroddonnie

LOL! I think I would be deleted from this site if I gasserized a car in that condition, plus Zap would strip me of my HRD name tag.

Ecode70D

59  Meteor...  How long have you owned your car?  Did I understand that it has been 40 years?  Keep on looking those customs do turn up every so often.  Please do not think that I'm picking on guys from Canada when I do so to HRD.  We just need to keep our eyes on him. 

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2014-02-07 21:26
LOL! I think I would be deleted from this site if I gasserized a car in that condition, plus Zap would strip me of my HRD name tag.

HRD   I'm really not convinced that you didn't "gasserize" a virgin car.  So that means you are still on probation.   I hope that you do well with the indoor car show and put an extra return spring on your accelerator linkage..   Jay

Zapato

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2014-02-07 21:26

Nope on both counts am of belief that everyone should start with as good a car as possible whether its a 100% or a gasser build. On the name, HRD you are and HRD you shall remain.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

59meteor

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2014-02-08 10:16
59  Meteor...  How long have you owned your car?  Did I understand that it has been 40 years?  Keep on looking those customs do turn up every so often.  Please do not think that I'm picking on guys from Canada when I do so to HRD.  We just need to keep our eyes on him. 

No, I have been drag racing for 40 years, I have only owned my 59 for 12 years.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

Ecode70D

59 Meteor
What's it going to take to get that Meteor up and running?  I'm glad that you like Fords. You sound like a person who needs to have a nice old Ford that he can jump into and go someplace in the summer.  I had a nice 59 Ford Y block 2dr hard top that I drove for years until  someone  someone made me a crazy  offer for it.
   Post some pictures of it.  I never saw a 59 Meteor and we like pictures. 
Jay

sprink88

Yeah, ditto on the Meteor!

~Chris