News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 FORDS INTERNATIONAL ON FACE BOOK

Started by wildhog, 2014-01-28 20:28

Previous topic - Next topic

hotroddonnie

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2014-02-06 05:07

Dang!!!!! that's an understatement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ha ha ha ha
LOL!

Ecode70D

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2014-02-03 19:05
my car won't see the streets till they have been swept and a few rains to wash the salt away. Thanks HRD.

Donnie...I agree with you 100%.   I don't want any of that salt stuff anywhere on, under, or about  my cars.  Around here, they are very generous with the salt so I have to wait until after it has rained also before I even think about taking a car out.  Jay

hotroddonnie

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2014-02-08 19:50
Donnie...I agree with you 100%.   I don't want any of that salt stuff anywhere on, under, or about  my cars.  Around here, they are very generous with the salt so I have to wait until after it has rained also before I even think about taking a car out.  Jay
If you drive your car before they sweep and wash the streets, its like parking your car in a room your sanding drywall mud in.  :happy9:

Ecode70D

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2014-02-08 20:10
If you drive your car before they sweep and wash the streets, its like parking your car in a room your sanding drywall mud in.  :happy9:

Well I already have that problem.  My fresh car has only about 5 or 6 miles on it but It's been sitting in my shop for years while I was restoring other cars.  So all the freshly painted parts underneath including the engine are covered with sanding dust.   So my first trip will have to be to a car wash where I an clean everything including underneath. A car cover does not help.  Even my axle housing and front end are covered with sanding dust. It gets into everything.
     When/if spring gets here,  my first trip will be to a car wash with one of those power wands so I can try to clean everything.
      The good thing is that it's not salt.   

Finally1

I have a question on the video that was posted of the green Custom that is labeled Ricky Knight . I would like to know what you have on that Y block for exhaust .I have been doing custom exhaust work for 20 years and very few cars have that sound .
1957-70A -19000 miles
1966 Gt Fairlane 38000 miles

Both cars still have original sheet metal

JPotter57

The 57 Fords International facebook page has really taken off.  Be sure, if you are on fb, to go and check it out, like the page, and add a photo or two.  I have been busy uploading photos on there and there are a bunch.  I still have thousands to go through, and hundreds more to scan from printed photos.  Glad that this 57 Ford thing is finally getting some exposure.  We'll probably never be able to undo the damage the magazines did to Ford because of what they thought of the Y block, but we know which is the best car from `57.  ANd the rest of the world is starting to notice, finally.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.