News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

rear view mirror

Started by jwtdvm, 2014-11-11 15:08

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Thanks for the link...I should have gone that route!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

Just received a '60 Thunderbird rear view mirror.  The mirror is wider than the '57 mirror but since all I have is one peep mirror, a little extra in the inside is a plus.  The mirror is not as tall as the '57 mirror but that is also a plus because it is slimmer and blocks less view.  The stem is the same length as the '57.  Since there are two different upper attachment styles used in '57s, one attachment is a perfect fit and the other isn't.  The '57 upper attachment that is a ball socket has a male 5/16 fine thread which screws into the '60 Thunderbird mirror.  The '57 upper rigid attachment uses female 7/16 fine threads.  One will have to be more creative to attach in this case...maybe a 5/16 fine thread bolt and a couple of washers.  I'm super pleased...new chrome mirror with DAY/NIGHT switch.  The down side...this item is a one year only and an OEM one in good condition is going to be a tough find and the re-pop is pricey.