News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ford engine red

Started by Limey57, 2017-01-22 15:25

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I know I got some of my early ones years ago when I commented about how bad a movie I thought "Thunder Road" really was. It was all in jest, at least that's how I took it...lol Wildhog even banned me for a week over that one.
I did get some serious ones after that when I did a post without thinking about what I was doing, or how it sounded. We were in our early stages here of figuring out the 4.6 dohc conversions, and I had been talking back and forth with Mark, a member, about it. During that time, a new member and friend of a moderator, posted an ad for a Lincoln Towncar and Mark was replying to it. I knew the Towncar did not have the DOHC version that Mark was looking for. Without thinking I just posted a note on that thread to Mark that this was not what he wanted. I should have sent him a pm, but did it publicly....it was Stupid....a member advertising a car, and I'm posting it's not what is wanted!! James got involved, etc....not a good time. Anyway, just an example of how easy it is to type something trying to help without thinking about how your words can be construed.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

I like a couple of other guys could care less about the "smites".  I build my stuff the way I want to, share ideas, don't ask for opinions, and don't "dis" someone for their thoughts.  I will draw attention to something I believe or know to be unsafe in order to prevent an issue down the road for that person and anyone else that may want to do the same thing.  Not that it hasn't been a long road "un-programing" 30 years of direct talk learned in the Navy.  My first real job in a "polite" work place had several learning talks and made for a couple of tough years.  Email in the work place made me learn to think before hitting the "send" button.  That too was due to several learning talks.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II