News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Happy Thanksgiving

Started by jumping jack flash, 2019-11-26 23:32

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

Quote from: Tom S on 2019-11-30 03:41
Had an 18 hour power outage for thanksgiving. : (

UGH! Haven't had one of those for several years...actually I think it has been about 35 years. Had 2 years of those annoyances...one on Thanksgiving and if memory serves the following year was on Christmas. Biggest family dinner days of the year. Sure was happy for the BB-Q. Although I didn't have a family at the time...I was still cooking for me!

Did you guys move the food to the BB-Q?
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Tom S

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2019-11-30 04:11
Did you guys move the food to the BB-Q?
Nope. I'm the only one here & don't do much cookin' at all & never BBQ anything. I have a kitchen stove to cook with.
Ate a little with some friends nearby that actually have a family. They invite a bunch of neighbors every year. By then the high winds & driving rain that had caused massive power outages had subsided.
I live on the lower side of a mountain range & can't count the number of times big outages like this have happened due to wind storms. Once many years ago we were out for 4 days. I worked for the power company & worked most of that time leading contracted line crews around, some 18 & 24 hour stints.  I was in the engineering department & not an electrical lineman so was communicating by radio with our company dispatch, searching out trouble spots & directing the line crews.