News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Happy Thanksgiving

Started by jumping jack flash, 2019-11-26 23:32

Previous topic - Next topic

jumping jack flash

Wishing all of my fellow 57 Ford members a happy and safe Thanksgiving.

mustang6984

Thank you sir...right back atcha'...hope there is more turkey  :turkey: on the table than you can eat...but that you try anyhow!   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Yep..happy Thanksgiving everyone. Last year my wife overdid it making a dinner for a dozen or so relatives. Had a houseful, but way too much work for her at her age, so I told her no more. This year we're going to our neice's house. No turkey. What??? She's having a barbeque!!. It's suppose to be in the high 30's rain and maybe snow. My mother-in-law said she'd save some turkey/leftovers for us, lol.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Happy and and safe holiday to all. No turkey this year for us, I'm sick of turkey, 72 years was enough  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

lalessi1

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I am going to my sister's house (family coming in from out of town), I am making cornbread dressing with Italian sausage. I did a turkey breast on the grill earlier in the year (it was the best one I have ever had) and I will do another one so I will have "leftover" turkey!!! I love cooking Thanksgiving for myself and my wife, I will miss it again this year....
Lynn

mustang6984

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2019-11-27 08:20
Happy and and safe holiday to all. No turkey this year for us, I'm sick of turkey, 72 years was enough  :003:

WHAT?! I love turkey...only get it twice a year...Thanksgiving and Christmas. So I take advantage of it. I will be on the road heading to Branson on Saturday, so I am packing a bunch of turkey to take with me! Sandwiches...yea!!! (No rich..not coming past your place on the way...this is gonna be a work trip...then I have to hurry back to make Christmas. Will try to bring Sasha over to see you this spring! I know that is who you REALLY wanted to see anyhow! LOL!!!  :003:  )
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ford Blue blood

Just finished our Thanksgiving celebration.  Had all three girls, son-in-law and four of five grandchildren in the house.  Little crazy but we all survived!  Did the turkey, my special mashed potatoes, the ol got to have it green bean casserole, corn, candied yams, bread stuffing and cherry, apple and pumpkin pies.  Butt load of work but well worth the laughs and family ties getting tightened up. 

My life in the Navy has opened the door for them to be scattered around the country.   One in VA, one in TX and one in CO so gathering everyone in one spot has it's challenges.

Here's hoping all of you have a happy and safe Thanksgiving, please remember those that are serving and unable to be home for the holidays.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

It was 6 am, Bill...when you posted that. how could you have just finished your Thanksgiving celebration, LOL. Change of plans for us........We decided to stay home and have a small turkey dinner. Yeah! We love my neice, her partner and friends, but we just couldn't bear the thought of a shrimp broil dinner for thanksgiving. Sounds like something the folks in Lynn's area would do. We had an expected ice storm last night anyways...not a good day to get out.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Good choice Rich! Only get turkey twice a year here..Thanksgiving and Christmas...and I take full advantage of it! LOL!!!

And turkey for your birthday? sounds like a plan to me...perhaps I might start getting turkey THREE times a year...once in Mach as well! Oh Yea
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ford Blue blood

Rich we did it yesterday, just got back from taking the CO daughter to the air port, dropped her off there at 5:45.  We did the turkey and trimmings yesterday because of her having to get back to CO.  Work at the AF  Academy drove that deal.

I'm good with turkey anytime!  Love the dark meat and then a small part of heaven is left over white meat on toasted wheat with mayo and a slab of cheese!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

mustang6984

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2019-11-28 14:25
I'm good with turkey anytime!  Love the dark meat and then a small part of heaven is left over white meat on toasted wheat with mayo and a slab of cheese!

Oh YEA! Same here! Add some dressing to that sandwich and a thin slice of cranberry...and I feel like I have slid into Heaven! LOL!!! Happy Thanksgiving!  :turkey:  :turkeydance:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Swank

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!,  ...evabody.
-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)

SkylinerRon

Slather a little cranberry sauce on that sandwich.

Nothings better than a turkey club for lunch!

Ron.

mustang6984

Quote from: SkylinerRon on 2019-11-28 19:16
Slather a little cranberry sauce on that sandwich.

Nothings better than a turkey club for lunch!

Ron.

OH YEA!   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Tom S

Had an 18 hour power outage for thanksgiving. : (