News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Hugh

Started by alvin stadel, 2021-01-04 19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

FiveSevenLiter

Atta Boy Hugh, bad breath is better than no breath.
Terry
:canada:
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012 SOLD 2024
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

RICH MUISE

Good he is out of the hospital. Must be rough being in the middle of a move, and so many miles from his new home. It sounds like it really kicked his butt.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

mustang6984

I just now found this thread. So...
Rich...wasn't that I didn't believe it was real...it is I didn't believe a lot of the stuff being put out there about how to "avoid" it. Still don't...I avoided society for the most part...and yet...still go it. My wife was literally tied to my hip from 5 days before her retirement until I left on this trip...and yet when she got it, she got the "Oh Damn...I have a cold" version. Go figure. There is no rhyme or reason.
My first day home I spent in a chair sleeping pretty much.
Sasha is doing well...she and Bob have always been close, but she was sure thrilled to see me home. She HATES the oxygen machine that I have to use, she associates it I am sure with me being gone and coming home weak.
Also, I texted you on Jan. 1st. Part of it was nonsense, (I was not doing well) but it kinda laid out what was going on. Did you not get it? I checked my phone and it says the text went through.  ????

I was released a week ago today for the last time...and have been making solid progress...sleeping better (when I can shut off my thinking tool) and gaining capacity for breathing and strength each day. Still doing oxygen and drugs, and they have me on a ton of various vitamins. I've taken more pills since this started than I have in my entire life I think.
Under my "On the Road again" thread I posted an update as to time lines.
My son who is still here has been a HUGE help...would have been a rough few first days last week without him that's for sure.

Thanks to all for the positive thoughts and prayers...I can see a spec of light in the distance...but there aren't any tracks around, so I am pretty sure it isn't a train! LOL!!! Baby steps...gotta keep remembering that...I hate standing around while others do what I should be doing. I am practicing patience. Sorta.

I'll check back in soon.  :002:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Just checked, and I did get it. I'm not much of a texter, so I don't check for stuff unless somebody alerts me to look. I will start to look more often. Thanks for sending it though, seriously. Glad you are making progress! Gotta be tough when you got so much stuff you want to get done.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

It is horrendously tough. I HATE sitting on my tail while others are ding my stuff. But is is getting done. With any luck at all, I should be east bound by Wednesday...Thursday at the latest of next week.

As for me...baby steps. Lung capacity is the issue now...trying to get it back. I can feel it getting better...but when I try to take advantage of it the coughing starts. I have to keep reminding myself about those baby steps.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

gasman826

It just hit me...probably too late.  If your car hauler service is a double decker trailer, you might want to remove any radio antennas.  It never entered my mind to do so when the Raunch Wagon was leaving.  The antenna interfered with the upper deck.  So, that's way all those new vehicles were delivered to dealerships with antennas in the trunk.

mustang6984

Only one will have an antenna...and it isn't but maybe 3inches taller than the top of the car...and that is the '88 Saleen...which is not as you are aware...stock height. But I may do that just to be safe...if I can find a tool to do it with...ALL of both mine and Bob's tools are in the truck trailers! These guys were packing machines! If you stood in one place too long YOU might get packed into one of the trailers!
If I have to I'll but a small crescent wrench and take it of with that. Thanks!   :006:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker