News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Front grille mounting brackets?

Started by RICH MUISE, 2015-08-18 16:43

Previous topic - Next topic

SkylinerRon

Without looking at my car i'd guess Argent Silver (same as the spash pan).
Spray can  D7AZ19000A.

Ron.

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2015-08-22 21:22

Not related to the grille brackets, but does anyone know what the two little brackets in the pic are for? They were in a bag with a bunch of fender screws with a note saying "the two brackets are for the headlight bezels"...I'm just not sure if these are the two brackets I was refering to 10 years ago?

Rich
     You are going to have to stop finding strange parts.   I have no idea what those  two do-dads are for and don't remember taking them off my car or putting them on it.  I hope that the experts  say that they don't belong to a 57 Ford so I can stop worrying  that I don't have any of them in my collection.  HAHA 

RICH MUISE

Haha....I actually do have another piece I don't have a clue about...but I need to take a pic. I think it's a suspension stop, but it's just a guess. It's a square tube about 1 x 1 x 2 " long with a large bolt going thru it crossways.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2015-08-23 22:54
Haha.... It's a square tube about 1 x 1 x 2 " long with a large bolt going thru it crossways.

I don't think that's for a 57 Ford.  Sounds more like it's a Crosley  hood prop.  The large bolt is so it can be bolted to a key chain so that it doesn't get lost.  They are very rare. Wanna sell it?

Ecode70D

Quote from: Limey57 on 2015-08-23 09:39
Mine aren't all that rusty (California car and the brackets were boxed when it got to England) and they appear to be some sort of zinc plating (silver).  I'm going to try and fit mine next week.

Thanks Gary
      Looks like I'll just paint mine  silver.  Let us know how tough it was to get it into place. Jay