West Coast 57 Owners 2007 Knott's Berry Farm on April 22, 2007

Started by 57AGIN, 2007-01-23 19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

Hello All Fellow West Coast 57 Owners :

On Saturday November 18, Richard Crawford, Tom Chronister, and myself met with the Ford Car Club Council to state a case for making the 57 Fords one of the "Milestone" cars featured at the 2007 show.  After being given the opportunity to address the Council, it was determined that the 1957 Ford would be included as a "Milestone" car and be featured along with 1932 Fords and Mercury Cougars (celebrating the birth of the V-8, and the Cougar). This means that at least 8 of our 57's will be displayed in the enclosed grass area where the "milestone" cars, Ford car clubs, and featured guests have their booths/tents.  This is quite an honor and as it turned out it was not a "slam dunk," because they needed to be convinced that our request wasn't just because the 57's are celebrating a 50th birthday in 2007.  It was the facts that in 1957 Ford outsold Chevrolet by a substantial number, that the much vaunted 283 FI Chevy was completely outclassed by the F-code supercharged 57's on both the drag strips and nearly all other motor sports events in 1957(especially NASCAR), that the 1st real factory developed and dealer available "Muscle Car" was the 1957 Ford (Over 300 advertised hp (and that was under rated), that convinced them to add us to the "milestone" cars to be celebrated.  Not withstanding that our 57's look great enough to be celebrated on good looks alone.

I've been making arrangements with the owners of the various models of the 57 to be displayed on the grass, in accord with the criteria established by the Ford Car Club Council.  I have a Skyliner, Sunliner, Fairlane 500, Fairlane, Custom 300, Custom, Station Wagon, & Ranchero to represent the marque.   Unfortunately, the criteria was pretty specific and the numbers to be displayed as milestone cars are very limiting. Their basic criteria is the car should be relatively stock and be representative of the class or model.  I also was able to get a 57 police cruiser to our milestone car display. 

The rest of us (me included) should really make an effort to have our cars present at the show to show how well the 57 Ford has responded to the improvements in technology, changes in use and styles over the years, i.e., cruising, customizing, racing and personal preferences.  I will try to get all the 57's, not in the milestone arena, parked
together this year instead of being separated by model, ie., station wagons, and Rancheros over with the rest of us.   Come on out and show off your 57.

Bob
57AGIN

briney

Bob,

This is such great news!  Thank you for your all's efforts in getting this recognition.  I used to live in Buena Park / Anaheim years ago and wish I were there now to meet with you others who support the 57. Maybe you should make a co loge of all of the pictures of people's 57 cars you know to help represent the rest of us around the states there.

Please send us pictures of the event and let us know how the public felt about the 57.

Congrats,

Patrick
Dallas TX  :unitedstates:
If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

RAWms

WAY TO GO BOB!   I know you have worked hard and spent a lot of time to make this happen for our favorite car.   Interesting the nuance of Ford out sold and Ford motors out performed that GM product got your spots in the "milestone" arena.      Very nice work!   Thank you for representing our '57 community.   

I do not know if Richard and Tom are on this board (Assume they are),  please tell them THANK YOU!!!!

I hope to see you there at Knotts.   r 
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

shopratwoody

Bob,
Thanks for all your efforts. I hope I can be there with my Ranchero. It runs and drives great. Just the
cosmetics are still going on. Pick up the seat tomorrow. Thanks again.
later, Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

57AGIN

Ron:

My first showing at Knott's was shortly after I got my 57 back on the road, I think it was in 2005.  At that time I had no interior in the car, no side panels, no head liner, the seat covers were torn and stuffing was coming out all over the place.  I put a sign that I purchased at a hardware store in the rear side windows, it said in very large red lettering, "DANGER CONSTRUCTION ZONE."  The car showed well and I got a lot of positive comments about what had been done and about what I was still planning to do.  If your 57 is drivable, bring it on out, show us what youv'e done and what's to come.

These pictures don't show how really miserable the interior was, but you get the idea.

Bob
57AGIN 

57AGIN

Hi Again to West Coast 57 Ford Owners:

Two weeks to go until the Knott's Fabulous Fords Forever Show on April 22nd.  Registration is closed as of Friday the 6th.  At last check there are twenty three (23) of our 57's registered, a bit dissapointing given the numbers of 57's in the area..  Eight of these are in the "milestone" show area, the remaining 57's are going to be parked out with the rest of the 49 to 59 Fords.  Rich, Tom and I will be working as "parking volunteers" and we'll try to get assigned so that we can direct the non-milestone show cars to park together.  We'll get some pictures posted after the event on April 22.  See you there.

Bob
57AGIN

RAWms

Thank you Bob for representing our interests and the '57 Ford at this years event.  I know you have spent a lot of time preparing and presenting to the Knotts board the importance of the 1957 Ford.

I wish my car was ready but will have to wait until next year.  Tried but no cigar; Maybe six-eight weeks short.  Hopefully my son-in-law (who proposed trailering up for the show) and me will be there.  I would like to re-meet and jaw with some friends like you and Ron and other cyber friends from this board.

r

...as of Apr 2007

57AGIN

Roger:

Thanks, I know what it is like trying to get your ride together, doing it right the first time, and then showing it.  Ron also indicated he wouldn't be able to get his ready in time for this years Knott's show.  I hope to see you both there, along with the other local 57 Ford cyber friends.

Well, mark your calendars as there are a number of All Ford shows coming up this year.  I'll try to get plenty of notice out to my cyber and phone contacts as soon as I get flyers and registration forms for them.  The following is are a few of the available options:  the So-Cal Galaxie All Ford Show in May at Twila Reid Park (Anaheim), and the All Ford Picnic usually in October at LaPalma Park (Anaheim), Mustangs at the Queen Mary (they will have a 57 Ford class if there are enough registrants) usually in the Summer, the Sunset Showdown at Sunset Ford (Garden Grove) usually in November (they will have a 57 Ford class if there are enough registrants) and probably the most fun event of all the Fun Ford Weekend at the California Speedway in October.

I'd really like to see a large group of 57's show up for the Fun Ford Weekend this year then maybe we can steel the show again like we did in 2004.  I'm installing CalTrack traction bars on my 57 tomorrow, so maybe I'll be able to find some traction to get off the line better this year.  The don't have a special SHOOTOUT set up like they do or did in the mid-west, but it is really great getting the 57's back on the strip and showing the Ford fans that Mustangs aren't the only Fords that they can have a good time with.

See you at Knott's.

Bob
57AGIN

hotrodbob

My son and I will be there with his '57. Please catch up with us if you're there. We will be doing parking in the morning (0 dark 30) and I will be working in the So.Cal. Falcon Booth.

Don't know how to add a photo here, but he has a metalic red 2 dr. Fairlane 500 sedan, with a louvered hood and lowered way down.
Anyone can restore a classic car, but it takes a real hot rodder to cut one up and make it cool.
http://bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/

hotrodbob

Ok, I figured out how to post the photos. Hope to meet some of you at Knott's.

For those interested, Saturday evening we will have an informal cruz night at Bob's Big Boy in Burbank/Toluca Lake for guys that came in town for the show. Started by the Maverick Comet Club International.
Anyone can restore a classic car, but it takes a real hot rodder to cut one up and make it cool.

57AGIN

Hotrodbob:

Glad to see you on the site.  I'll try to make the Bob's Big Boy cruise on Saturday.  What time will you be there?  I'm showing my 57 at Seal Beach during the day on Saturday and then again at Knott's on Sunday.  Busy weekend.  I'l also be showing a "borrowed" 57 Ford police cruiser both days.

Bob
57AGIN

57AGIN

I finally have a few pictures of the Police Cruiser I'm taking to the Knott's car show this weekend.  How's this for a eye catcher?

Bob
57AGIN

hotrodbob

Quote from: 57AGIN on 2007-04-19 11:51
Hotrodbob:

Glad to see you on the site.  I'll try to make the Bob's Big Boy cruise on Saturday.  What time will you be there?  I'm showing my 57 at Seal Beach during the day on Saturday and then again at Knott's on Sunday.  Busy weekend.  I'll also be showing a "borrowed" 57 Ford police cruiser both days.

Bob
57AGIN

Thanks for the welcome. I will try and get to Bob's between 5 and 6 PM. Racing Slot cars starting at 1PM. May drive my Maverick to Bob's, but the kid will most likely take his 57. He hates my Maverick. Your Cop car is Kewl!

RAWms

Hey Bob,
I think I was 15 when I got a chance to ride in one of those black & whites.  The tough part was the ride home with my dad in his car.  Oh what night!   r

...as of Apr 2007