News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

mounting inner fenders

Started by jwtdvm, 2009-03-20 16:56

Previous topic - Next topic

jwtdvm

is there a bushing/pad/spacer between the inner fender and body proper where the bolt behind tire/wheel goes thru inner fender and into body????

JPotter57

Mine had a square piece of something that looked like high grade paper.  Thats the best way I can describe it.  It is about 1/8 inch thick.  Anybody else have anything different on theirs?
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

57tudor

Concours Parts & Accessories has them. 800-722-0009  Fender to cowl pad 55/58 P/N B5A-16172A. Comes as a Pr.

Rick
57 Tudor
:unitedstates:

jwtdvm

I think the fender to cowl is a rubber strip and not exactly what I am looking for--another question though--anyone know what type of screw/bolt goes in the back top of fender up under the door??--I think it has a bolt head but a screw shaft??My wagon only has a hole on the body in that spot--not any nut to receive a true bolt

shopratwoody

Not for the purist, but I used rubber grommets
Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

Frankenstein57

The middle bolt which is in the middle of the door, on mine is a stud on a flange. It stays on the fender, then you put the nut on through the cowl.  The top fender bolt was just a nut,washer, bolt combo. Mark

jwtdvm

frankenstein---got a sway bar today off lincoln per your suggestion---the bolt i am talking about is at top of fender and will be hidden under door--if you open door the bolt is below the dogleg /windshield area---my wagon body does not have a j-nut only a hole drilled thru the sheet metal--both sides are like this--will a regular bolt made to fit a nut work there???

57chero

The bolt on the top of the fender thats hidden by the door is a lag bolt it threads it self into the hole, the other bolt that goes through the inner fender to the cowl behind the front wheel on my ranchero had a square piece of thin rubber with a hole punched in it for the bolt to go through, I think its just to keep the two surfaces from squeaking.