News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Floor shifter

Started by clubcoupe57, 2009-03-21 15:28

Previous topic - Next topic

clubcoupe57

Hi Gentlemen, I am thinling about putting a floor shifter in my 57 and it is a stock ford-a-matic, the lomar shifter I thought about buying ia for a c-4, my question is are the trannys the same? Thanks, Mike[img]

shopratwoody

No, they are not the same  :001:
I hate blocksanding!

wildhog

MIKE, AS WOODY SAID THE SHIFTERS ARE NOT THE SAME. BUT CALL LOKAR AND TALK TO A SALES REP. I HAD A LONG TALK WITH THE SALES REP. AT BACK TO THE 50'S LAST YEAR , AND THEY WERE LOOKING AT MORE FORD STUFF TO BUILD. THEY NOW HAVE THE FLEXABULE BRAIDED DIP STICK FOR THE Y-BLOCK. HOPE THIS HELPS TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Lou

I would think that the shifter from a early mustang would fit. I just thinking out loud, I'm sure someone here can tell you if it will work.

Hoosier Hurricane

You might have to work out the travel issue, the early FOM has 5 "positions" and the later trans have 6.  Maybe a powerglide shifter would work, they have 5.  Please forgive me for saying that word.

John

57 Ford Kustom

I found one on Epay a couple of yrs ago, it was a universal kit for Ford-O-matic and Cruize-O-matic. It works good for quality of any aftermarket parts made in that time frame.

TOM :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.