News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Finally getting done.....

Started by 05gt, 2009-03-23 16:52

Previous topic - Next topic

05gt

Well here's my Fairlane. It was purchased for my grandfather by my uncle back in the early 90's with the hope to restore it. As the car was nearly completion, my uncle passed away at the age of 24 to leukemia. Less than 2 years later, my grandfather passed away as well. They left the car to me with hopes i'd finsih it and keep taking care of it. Some of my best memories from when i was younger were helping my grandfather rebuild the 312 in her, and going for rides to car shows. Because of him and my uncle, i have my passion for cars! Here she sits as of today......just finished giving her a little attention she's been needing.

shopratwoody

Nice car, good story. Glad you finished it and are enjoying the family heirloom.
Ron :unitedstates:
I hate blocksanding!

KidKourier

Don't see many of this model restored,she looks "sweet" and great family story! KID

Frankenstein57

From your story, I'd guess you are fairly young, good to see a fine ride like this in your hands. Do grandpa proud by bringing this car into future generations,, nice ride, Mark

05gt

Thanks for the kind words fellas! This car will never leave the family! It was the one thing he asked of me before he passed away, and that promise i'll always keep for him. Yeah, only 25, but feel like i'm going on 55, lol!

Most of my cars now are because of them and growing up around classic and muscle cars. Have a 05 Mustang GT that i've been building for some track duty, and just got my 09 challenger back in december. If it wasnt for them, nice cars wouldnt mean as much.

My only other thing i've been messing with in my head is restoring it back to 100% origional. Guess i'll keep it this way for awhile, then maybe down the road, try the all origional.

JPotter57

It looks awesome as it is...Keep up the good work.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

hrsky

Very nice car.  What make and size are the wheels?  Very good looking. HR

05gt

The wheels are 17" Billet from Intro.

Jim

Good looking car and a good story Do you have any trouble with tire rub on front or rear,also what did you pay for wheels.Thanks Jim

05gt

The backs are perfectly fine, the front's though i wish would of had a little less backspacing. I may end up trying a 1/4 spacer up front just to make sure theres enough clearence. The wheels were right under 2K.