News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Radiator from Cool Craft at ebay?

Started by hrsky, 2009-04-09 17:50

Previous topic - Next topic

hrsky

Hi.  Does anyone have any experience with this radiator from Cool Craft. Is this the right radiator for a Skyliner with a 312 and what about the 460 I have in my Custom? Any thoughts?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400042462340&ih=027&category=33602&_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%252BC%252BS%252BIA%26itu%3DUCC%252BCSP%252BUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D8%26ps%3D35
Thanks. HR

57chero

I picked one up off ebay a couple of weeks ago for my ranchero it fits and looks like the original, I havent found out if it holds water yet.

JimNolan

HR,
   I'm sorry I didn't get back to you on this thread but yes I bought one. Took $650.00 to get it to Warsaw. The top started leaking about 3 months after I got it. Called Cool Craft. They gave me the run around for a couple of months. In the mean time I had it fixed at a radiator shop. It started leaking again in a couple months. Finally got hold of the people that own Cool Craft. They said they felt sorry for me.
  The cool Craft radiator I bought was called the Opti flow. Seems it's got three partitions in it so the coolant comes in the top right side, down to the middle, up to the left and down to the outlet. The radiator man with years of experience said he remembered a semi company that came up with that idea years ago. Seems they had to run real low pressure just to keep the tank from separating. (Like Mine) he went ahead and drilled holes through my partitions to try and relieve some of the pressure that the pump feeds into the first section of the radiator. It came apart again when I put the new engine in my car last month. I ended up putting my old two row 57 Ford radiator back in so I could go to Ms. Hasn't leaked yet and hasn't had a heating problem yet. It'll stay in the car. I've got a lot of money wrapped up in that Cool Craft radiator and it isn't worth _ _ _ _. I won't be fixing it again. When the stock water pump can blow the tank apart using a 7 lb pressure cap, I give up. The tank always seperates on the right side next to the inlet. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

JPotter57

Good information...Just for comparison, I used a Griffin in my last one, no problems at all, even with the high strung stroker motor in it.  This one will also have a Griffin in it, a universal crossflow unit...no problems with Griffin at all...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

hrsky

I think I will steer clear of that radiator.  Thank you for your info.  HR

Frankenstein57

I just took delivery of a radiator I bought on ebay. It was from dynamic racing in Florida, It was for a 86 to 93 fox body mustang. They pushed the American made, no plastic or epoxy. Its 2 rows of 1" cores, and the inlets and outlets come straight out. Its a cross flow, so I have to alter the mounts. I set it in my 58 ranchero, it seems to clear ok. That has a 292 y block. I'll be mounting it in my 57, 351W. I'll post some pics of the install. They had it listed with a $209 buy it now, with a best offer option. I low balled them, then agreed on $175. So it arrived for under $200 with shipping.  Mark