News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Who makes the best patch panel for the lower front fender

Started by johns2000, 2009-04-09 20:27

Previous topic - Next topic

johns2000

I bought lower front fender patch panel from EMS but it doesn't have the 2 1/2" indentation in it that follows the wheel opening? Anybody know of a better replacement or was this just stamped wrong, I haven't called them yet.
UPDATE, I called and talked with EMS and it seems they have a problem with getting the slight impression in their repair panel, it's either to deep or not at all so I can't advise anyone to buy this repair panel from them.

Frankenstein57

I bought a pair from  a guy in my hometown, he sells on ebay in the 57 ford section. I don't have his number handy but he is from Waukesha, Wisconsin. The patch had the line in it that you spoke of. Mark

johns2000

57 Ford Kustom

John :006:
   I bought one from Concours Parts 3yrs ago for my 57 it came with part of the inner brace . looked good for a replacement panel but than I only used the bottom 4"

TOM :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

rmk57

Ford motor company makes the best replacement panels. I always try to use original sheet metal if possible, the fit is always perfect.
My 57 had holes in the fender tips about the size of 25 cent pieces, so the repair was fairly easy,cutting and welding in new patches.
I dont know how bad yours are but that maybe another alternative.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429