News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Y-block tripower

Started by jimrob, 2009-04-14 22:53

Previous topic - Next topic

jimrob

I'm building a tripower setup for my 292, which is running a 3 speed.  I have a vintage Fenton intake and 3 of the early model 94 2-barrels.  I wonder if anybody has any jetting info...?  I don't want to re-invent the wheel if I don't have to.  It's basically a stock engine with a recurved distributor I converted to full mechanical, and I'll be running dual exhaust.

I will be blocking the two end carb power valves and they will be completely closed with mixture screws closed at idle, and will only open when I lay on the throttle (progressive linkage).  If anybody has any jetting experience or knowledge to pass along, it would be a big help.  Thanks.

wildhog

JIM , FOLLOW THE LINK OVER TO THE Y-BLOCK WEB SITE AND POST THE SAME QUESTION, THE LAST FEW YEARS AT THE Y-BLOCK SHOOT OUT IN COLUMBUS. THERE WERE A FEW GUYS RUNNING THE TRI POWER, SORRY I CAN'T HELP,IV'E ALWAYS USED DUAL QUADS. HOPE THIS HELPS TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

shopratwoody

I would try the stock jet size. The cfm of the carb is matched to the orig jets. I've run 6 97's
years ago on an Olds. All I did was remove 4 acc pump rods and they worked good. That
was with straight linkage not progressive, 345 cu in.
Have fun, Ron
I hate blocksanding!

geraldchainsaw

i have some experience with 94's,    i have a 2 deuce setup on my 51 flathead,  stock,  the orig jet size is #51, and thats what i use in both carbs,   runs a little rich in town, but on the high way they burn white, in town a little tan,  i've played with all the jet #'s, and 51 works fine,  u could run into a few problems so give me a buzz maybe i can help.

jimrob

Thanks, I appreciate the input.  It sounds like I'm going to run 51's to 54's.  I'll juggle with those sizes and see what the plugs look like.  I can't wait ti get the 3 deuces put together and get the dual exhaust on it.  Woo-hoo!  --Jim