News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

engine swap

Started by 1 baad 57, 2009-04-23 17:35

Previous topic - Next topic

1 baad 57

I am trying to install a supercharged 5.4 motor in my 57.  Anyone has any tips? I found a front sump oil pan from Canton.  Told 97 Mustang conv motor mounts and maybe a Lincoln oil pan will work?  Anyone have any experience with this?  Thanks Joe

JPotter57

If you go to the boneyard, you can find a Lincoln Continental  (front drive, 4.6 4 cammer) pretty easily.  Look under the front, the oil pan has the sump at the front of the engine, so get it and the pickup tube.  Note however, it may not clear the longer stroke of the 5.4 over the 4.6 though.  It is a stamped steel pan, so you can weld a deeper sump into it if you need to....good luck, its an impressive looking swap in the couple I've seen.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

1 baad 57

Quote from: 1 baad 57 on 2009-04-23 17:35
I am trying to install a supercharged 5.4 motor in my 57.  Anyone has any tips? I found a front sump oil pan from Canton.  Told 97 Mustang conv motor mounts and maybe a Lincoln oil pan will work?  Anyone have any experience with this?  Thanks Joe

Thanks for the information.  Any tips for the motor mounts?  Thanks Joe