News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Frenched Headlights

Started by tarheel57, 2009-04-29 18:23

Previous topic - Next topic

tarheel57

Hello,does anyone have any info. or pictures on doing french headlights on a 57 ford? What buckets and headlights rims work the best?Any & all information will be helpful,or pictures to down load would be great.Thanks! :001:

57 Ford Kustom

There are 2 ways to do it. 1 try to find a kit like I got called a debugging kit made in the late 50's  (scarce like hens teeth) or 2 do like Shoprat Woody use a Ford PU rim. There is also a Chy. product 70's rim that works on a Cordova? spelling

TOM :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

meteor

Here's what I did, weld in a spacer setting the bucket further back. Use 56 ford truck rings.

check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com

JPotter57

Looks great Matt...did you ever figure out what color to do the aluminum inserts on the side?  Lets see some more pics...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

meteor

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2009-04-30 18:54
Looks great Matt...did you ever figure out what color to do the aluminum inserts on the side?  Lets see some more pics...

Thanks James. Right now the car has no inserts and it is kind of growing on me...there are many other little things to concentrate on. I'm not quite ready for an unveiling, but very soon. :)

tarheel57

thanks,good looking job.Is that a 2" spacer,and did you use the original 57 buckets or the 56 truck buckets?thanks :001:                                                                                             
Quote from: meteor on 2009-04-30 09:00
Here's what I did, weld in a spacer setting the bucket further back. Use 56 ford truck rings.

Quote from: meteor on 2009-04-30 09:00

meteor

I believe it was a 2" spacer, and yes original 57 ford buckets.

tarheel57

Thanks guys for the information and pictures. :burnout: