News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Electric window switch position

Started by outcruisen, 2009-05-25 15:58

Previous topic - Next topic

outcruisen

Does anyone know if the electric window winder switches (Body style 57 A) on a 57 Fairlane 500 is in the same position it would be if it was a manual set up.

I have electric window switches in the door trims, but no electric window motors etc. I was also given a full set of manual winders (Rails, handles etc), but want to know if they protrude through the door trim internally in the same positions. I would rather go for the manual set up, but dont want to have to retrim the 4 doors as they are all in really good shape. (I know I will have to make some adjustments on the drivers door as the master switch is much longer than the other round ones).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers from Down Under....

dgasman

yes. They use the same hole.  The only thing is the driver door panel has a bigger cut out for master switches
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

outcruisen

Thanking you.. Made the decision to replace the electrics with manual easier..

Cheers

skip54

outcruisin, did you have electric window cranks or switches. if the electric crank switches do you want to sell them. thanks skip

outcruisen

Skip..

If you look on page 127 of the Concourse parts catalouge thats what I have (Chrome outer case with black toggle switch).. I have the full set of 3 x single door switches and the oval 4 x master switch for the drivers door.Not sure if thats what you are after, but if so let me know and I can organise something with you. (I have never run them so not sure if they are working or not but they feel tight.. Was going to try and swap with a good set of manual crank handles and interior door handles (I have a Town Victoria so need 4 of each). Depending on the quality of the chrome I would be happy to chuck in an extra few bucks from my end.

Let me know

Cheers

Mark