News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Gold Insert Trim

Started by tarheel57, 2009-05-30 23:12

Previous topic - Next topic

tarheel57

On my custom 300 Im building,the gold side inserts are in good shape except there faded out real bad.Can anyone tell me thru experence which is the best way to restore these to look the correct color as when they were new.Anodized,or painting,or etc.?or is there anyone or a company that does anodizeing?Thanks for any and all information. :unitedstates:

57chero

I had a set for my ranchero reanodizied I thought they pretty nice no bends nicks or scratches , when I got them back they got the color and shine right on,. but it showed every little defect like pits slight bends etc. that didnt show when they were faded and dull . So unless there perfect I wouldnt waste my money. Some guys paint them but I havent found a color that comes close to the look I was after. There is also a guy in hemmings that sells new gold trim it has a little different pattern but it looks nice you send him your address and he sends you a sample and if you like it he will make you a set for $310 ,Im in no hurry for mine so Im waiting for this outfit called Burton there on the( 57 ford .com) web site he reproduces a lot of different ford parts and has been working on the 57 gold trim for a while, he wont start selling it till he gets the pattern perfect so it may be a while.

texasmark1

surely there's a gold paint out there that is right... I'm about ready to reinstall my side trim including the gold pieces... if nothing else, how about taking them to a place like Lowe's or Sherwin Williams that have a paint matching system whereby they mix up a color to match a sample...

admittedly, I'm not a particular as some might be...
God Bless Texas!

tarheel57

Thanks for the information guys.If theres anymore information on this,Im all ears.Thanks! :001:

Lou

A gold hammertone paint might work. I came accross some gold foil paper at a craft store that looked the same. I glued it to the old trim and sealed it with clear poly. I sold the car so I don't know if it held up.