News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Ford resto-mod

Started by joeelutz, 2009-07-23 18:16

Previous topic - Next topic

joeelutz

Hello all,  I just finished this project and thought you may be interested.  It is a 57 Fairlane 500.  We replaced the front clip with a Fatman clip with stainless arms and chrome coilovers.  The column is SS Flaming River.  The rear is a 9" from a Granada.  The brakes are Wilwood 12.19" rotors with 4 piston calipers at all 4 corners.  The engine is a 5.0L EFI HO mildly warmed.  Transmission is a fresh AOD.    It has Vintage Air.  The radio and XM tuner are hid in the trunk and remote operated by a marine controller with the stock radio in the dash.  The paint is PPG waterborn.  Wheels are 17" American's.

http://www.hotroddynamics.com/Strickland%2057%20Ford.htm

Frankenstein57

Nice ride, great job on the updates, Mark

joeelutz

Thanks,

We are trying to get it ready for the Shades of the Past show.

tarheel57

Good looking car,looking forward to seeing it at the shades of the past show in Tenn.Im there every Sept.great show,wouldnt miss it. :burnout:

cool57

That is slick. I have a million questions, but I'll start with just a few-what fuel pump set up did you use? is there a baffle or pick-up tray? is there enough clearance at trunk floor for the fittings? what make radiator? pusher or puller fans? Thanks a lot and congratulations on a superb build!
(more questions to follow :003:)

joeelutz

Quote from: cool57 on 2009-07-27 21:00
That is slick. I have a million questions, but I'll start with just a few-what fuel pump set up did you use? is there a baffle or pick-up tray? is there enough clearance at trunk floor for the fittings? what make radiator? pusher or puller fans? Thanks a lot and congratulations on a superb build!
(more questions to follow :003:)
Thanks,

The pump is a in tank unit from Tanks, Inc.  installed in a stock new repop fuel tank.  The kit comes with a pickup tray.  Yes it clears the floor barely.  I have installed several of these kits with good results.  

The radiator is a customized universal radiator.  I don't remember the brand.  We changed the spout angles.
Using a mechanical puller fan (at the owner's request) and an electric pusher in front of the AC condensor that kicks on with the compressor.

We are changing a few minor things before the show like the cheesy blue water pipe.

cool57

Quote from: joeelutz on 2009-07-30 18:41
Thanks,

The pump is a in tank unit from Tanks, Inc.  installed in a stock new repop fuel tank.  The kit comes with a pickup tray.  Yes it clears the floor barely.  I have installed several of these kits with good results.  

The radiator is a customized universal radiator.  I don't remember the brand.  We changed the spout angles.
Using a mechanical puller fan (at the owner's request) and an electric pusher in front of the AC condensor that kicks on with the compressor.

We are changing a few minor things before the show like the cheesy blue water pipe.

Thanks. Can you give some details on your air intake setup?

F570RD

Good go'n Joe.The car looks great!

joeelutz

Thanks,

I mounted the MAF sensor on the rear of the rt inner fender with some custom spacers and a cone filter on the end of the sensor.  The tubing sections are from Spectre performance.  We may end up building a 1 pc. polished stainless pipe if time permits. 

If anyone is interested, I just completed a custom power rack conversion on a 51 Merc fullsize.  I believe the same setup would work on a 57 Ford.

cool57

Thanks. I thought maybe there was a hole in inner fender for outside air pickup.
Re: rack and pinion, I (and I suppose many others) would be interested in reading about your setup.