News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

more body mount questions

Started by ranchero57, 2009-08-12 22:13

Previous topic - Next topic

ranchero57

when i took the body off my ranchero i had to grind the boltheads off with a cutoff wheel,then everything fell apart.now i am trying to figure out where the special washers (as described in the instructions)go.they are large od.with two ears in the inside bore.my ranchero had eight of them,but the mount kit only had two in the kit.any one know how many i need to use and exactly where do they go?also what is their purpoise?thanks campy-ranchero57

jwtdvm

my 2 door ranchwagon which should have the same frame has the "special washers " on the inside of the frame mounts about where the seats bolt in the body---usually there are various shims also on those mounts and maybe on the other mounts to level the body--if the inside mounts arent  obvious as to location post again and I will get up under my car and get more precise

ranchero57

thanks,after talking to several people with 57's the common opinion is that they are shims to level out the body,wish i had known this before i removed the frame.O well live and learn.campy