News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

VIN numbers

Started by rmk57, 2009-08-17 22:06

Previous topic - Next topic

rmk57

Besides the door frame plate is there any where else the Vin #'s are stamped?
My 58 Edsel had it stamped on the top frame rail, just behind the steering box,
but it doesn't seem to be there on my 57 Ford.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Hoosier Hurricane

My '57 Fords all have the number stamped on top of the right frame rail just aft of the upper A arm mounting.

John

rmk57

Thank you, I'm trying to register the vehicle in B.C. and the DMV would like two vin's if possibly.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

JPotter57

There is another place on the top of the frame rail back by the rear end.  You can only see it with the body off, so that probably wont help you.  I had a `57 a while back with the VIN on both sides of the front frame, on the right behind the uppper A-arm mount, and on the left behind the steering box.  The body wont have any markings anywhere except on the stamped tag in the driver side lower A pillar..  Good luck.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

outcruisen

My 57 (Victoria hardtop) has the number stamped on the top of the right side rail also. It is between the upper control arm and the firewall. You can see it with the engine and inner gaurd out, but with these items in I dont think you would have much hope.

Cheers

Mark

rmk57

I found it on the front right side rail where you said it would be. It's now registered and insured
and I'm enjoying it. :003:
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429