News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

58 ford pinion seal

Started by Frankenstein57, 2009-08-21 21:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankenstein57

I can't find a pinion seal for my 58 ranchero, we checked cross reference at autozone, no luck. It has a #6930 National number on it. Its larger than any 9" seal we've seen. The metal surface is 4  1/16 wide. thanks, Mark

wolfpupsdad

ya might try bearings inc, royal bearings, or national bearing company. over the years i've learned auto parts companys only carry parts rated at  a score of 1 and 2 maybe 3 if your lucky and their cross reference material follows suite.
not long ago i waslooking for rear wheel bearings for my 57 rear end. tried calling all 3 of our car parts stores, only place that even had a listing was napa and it would cost as much for bearings and seals as i paid for the whole rear end.
call bearings inc in atlanta and gave them the numbers of the bearings and seals ( don't bother telling em what there for , they don't care and can't use that information. the had em in stock and even with shipping it was half the cost of napa.

Frankenstein57

We have a bearings Inc. store locally, if no one else has a napa. or other part store #, I'll give em a try. They had bearings for my snowmobile right on the shelf.  Mark

Hoosier Hurricane

Mark:

The old NAPA number was 18276.  My friend in SC took that number to NAPA and they were able to cross that to their new number and were able to order it for him.  Kinda pricey for a seal as I remember, in the $30+ range.  Also, the T-Bird vendors have them for a litle more money.

John

Frankenstein57

Thanks guys ,I called bearings inc ,they were able to match up the national number. $35.20  Mark