News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

a link to pics of my 57sedans SLOW rebuild

Started by 2x57sedan, 2009-09-09 10:36

Previous topic - Next topic

2x57sedan

hey all here is a link to my pics of my sedan i tend to take ALOT of pics  i bought the car 2 years ago at the springfield ohio cars and parts swap meet (which is going on this weekend)

it had the floors redone and new lower 1/4's installed  but was pretty much a stripped rolling shell (i wish i still had my first 57that was rusted junk would of made my life easier parts wise)

the guy i got it from was going to build a gasser out of it so anything he thought was too heavy or didnt belong on a gasser went into the garbage can ..smart guy

he had did the metal replacement and partially sand blasted the frame and shot a light coat of primer on it the rolled it out side  to sit appearently uncovered (the floor had sitting water in it when i brought it home) , again....smart guy

ive allways wanted to do a frame off rebuild and since the frame was now covered in rust i unbolted the frame and found some nasty surprises  that put the brakes on the project alittle harder then i expected  but ive got most of the metal to stitch the frame back together and hopefully ill be able to get it taken care of over this winter

the car had a set of old fiberglass fenders with it from a dragcar that im guessing ran in the ohio indiana area if anyone happens to reconize them and has a pic of the car they came from  in action id love to see it (i still have the fenders) was going to use them but i found some better steel fenders

the parts car i purchased is also pictured in this link (5 pics scattered through the link) so if you see something you need pm me (if your needing the side trim and only want to buy a complete set i have the original pass side door and it has the trim on it the trim is in good shape the pieces running on top of the fins need work though ) i dont know why the door was replaced the original one looks beautiful

ok enough blabbering heres the link

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/69runner383/57%20ford/
57 custom sedan
57 failane 500 4 dr (parts 4 sale or trade)
2 60 thunderbirds 1hdtp 1 vert (parts)
69mustang
72 f100

Zapato

love the way you recorded frame dimensions by taking pictures of the tape measure readings, will borrow this idea in the future. car is looking great
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72