News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

lights work!! well, almost...

Started by texasmark1, 2009-09-16 07:41

Previous topic - Next topic

texasmark1

finally driving it after an 18 year long restoration... one problem... replaced all wiring and all lights work, but when I put on the right turn signal, both front ones flash at the same time; back ones work fine...

also, the dash lights do not come on, hi beam indicator works and the temp and gen lights light up as they should, but no lighting in the speedo area and in the dash controls for heater...

I hate troubleshooting!

any ideas why?

thanks,Mark
God Bless Texas!

shopratwoody

The turn signals could be a ground problem. Dash lights, new bulbs I expect. Mine was the
rheostat on the headlight sw.Good luck
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

CDN.SD

Check that your dash (the part the bulbs clip into) is well grounded. IIRC the bulbs that aren't lighting are the ones that are single wire, and need to ground through the rear of the instrument panel that they clip into.

The signals. with a single dash indicator can cause problems if the bulb in the dash is shorted, the wrong wattage, or possible if it's not grounded too.

Hope that helps!
Necessity is the mother of butchery

foooordy

I am pretty sure your problem is in the Junction Box on left inner fender panel. i had same problem and after trouble shooting with test lite  about an hour or so, found i had couple wires in wrong holes. it will only be the 4 wires from your parking lites you have to worry about.
57 Foooordy