News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

only thinking

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2009-11-25 11:50

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

i'm not sure what trans i have, c4 or whatever,  but will a 351 w bolt in?????????, or r there alot of modifications that have to b made?,  like i said, i'm only thinking for now,  thanks

alstoy

I have a C4 mounted on my 351w waiting to go into my Country Sedan when it is back from the paintshop, C4 bolts directly onto the 351w. I purchased an engine mount / transmission mount kit from Butch Bunn ( www.butchscoolstuff.com ), designed for a 351w/C4/1957 wagon, and it will be a straight forward bolt in job. The only issue I think I will have, from reading forums on this site, is getting headers to fit. I plan to worry about that when engine is mounted in a couple of weeks.

wildhog

GERALD, THIS IS A VERY EASY SWAP YOU CAN BUY LATE 70'S FORD PICKUP MOTOR MOUNTS FOR A 302 OR 351W AT AUTO ZONE OR OTHER LARGE PARTS HOUSE, I AM RUNNING AN A.O.D. I LIKE THE OVER DRIVE, HAD TO BUILD TRANS MOUNT TO CROSS MEMBER, THAT WAS EASY, AND ADJUST LENTH OF DRIVE SHAFT. ANOTHER EVEN EASIER SWAP IS A 390-C6 ALMOST EVERY THING BOLTS IN. HOPE THIS HELPS. TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

geraldchainsaw

thanks for the info guys,