News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

bleeding brakes

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2010-02-08 15:10

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

in my cat from National parts Depo they have a special fitting on back of the wheel cyl to bleed the brakes,  its spring activated that u only need 1 person to work them,  they work by a  bearing and spring ,  has any one used them or know of them????????,  u 1st turn the bleeder 1/4 turn then hook it up just like u would normally,  pump the brakes and when u let up they seal,  hence only one person,  so question, has anyone used them??????, ok,  i guess i put this article in the wrong place

shopratwoody

Gerald,
I put them in all my cars. Makes it easy when you'reby yourself.
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

Ford Blue blood

I've had great success using mean ol mr. gravity.....open the furthest cylinder and wait for fluid to start seaping out, close, switch to the next and do the same.  Do all four like that and you have brakes!  This is assuming the master cylinder is above all the wheels.  If the pedal is still spongy then go to the "pump" method.  Of the four cars I've done this way all are still on the road with no problems.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

4banger

I made a plate for the master cyl. Put a bicycle valve in it. Put about 10 lbs. of air to it. Then go back and open each cyl. to bleed the air out. I am very independant. Works for me.

rmk57

Another way to do it is slide a clear hose over the brake bleeder and submerge the other end into a glass jar a 1/4 or so of clean brake fluid, crack the the bleeder and pump away. Pump until the brake fluid runs clear making sure not to empty the reservoir.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Zapato

Quote from: shopratwoody on 2010-02-08 23:03
Gerald,
I put them in all my cars. Makes it easy when you'reby yourself.
Ron

I also use them, and its even helpful when someone else is helping. specially if its a novice.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Frankenstein57

You can pickup a cheap brake bleeder pump at the china tool outlet store for about $8.   Mark