News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Steering Box Interchange-Dumb Question

Started by Bubba, 2010-02-19 10:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba

Bros:
Can anyone tell me if the 57 Bird and 57 Fairlane 500 steering columns are the same or interchangeable without major surgery?  I just noticed that Flamming River now makes a 57 Bird column and was looking for a possible easy steering column swap.
Thank your advice is most appreciated.
Bubba

wildhog

BUBBA, THE T-BIRD AND PASSANGER HAVE TOTALY DIFFERENT STERRING COLUMNS, BUT FLAMING RIVER OR I-DIDIT MAKE COLUMNS THAT CAN BE USED IN YOUR 57. IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR STOCK STEERING WHEEL, TRY A 69 MUSTANG COLUMN, IF YOU ARE GOING TO A CUSTOM WHEEL, JUST ORDER THE LENGTH YOU NEED MOST GUYS USE 28 OR 30 INCH COLUMNS. HOPE THIS HELPS. I JUST SHORTENED A MIDE 70'S FORD TILT COLUMN AND MOUNTED IT TO ONE OF THE RACK AND PINIONS, THAT MY BROTHER IN LAW MAKES, NOT AS EASY AS BUYING A NEW ONE BUT IT SAVED A COUPLE OF BUCKS. TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Bubba

Thanks Tom!
I've got a Flamming river column in my 68 Stang, just hoped for a bolt in swap  :003:
Appreciate the information.

Bubba

Bros:
A friend of mine suggested I upgrade the PS in my 63A by swapping in a Lincoln PS unit.
what he didn't tell me is which [Year?, Model?] Lincoln PS box will work best?
Any suggestions?
BuBBA

canadian_ranchero

i am told 1965 to 1968 lincoln continental