News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

WHEELZ-Interesting Stuff

Started by Bubba, 2010-02-26 14:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba

All:
After reading all the posts on wheel sizes I tried to find either a set of Cragar SS or American Racing Torque Thrust 15" wheels, 7 inch wide with a 4.5 inch backspace....Well no luck they claim they don't make them in 15X7 with a 4.5 inch backspace.  However I did find out that Billet Specialties makes
the following 15x7  with a backspace anywhere from 3.75 to 4.625 . They are not inexpensive but they're what the Doctor ordered.
I am not being critical here just curious, for those posts where they said they have Cragar's or American Racing wheels with a 15X7 and 4.5 inch back space, how and where did you get them? If they're out there they would be cheaper than Billet Specialties.
I checked with both companies direct and both said they don't make them and they weren't available even on special order. 
The upside is you can get them from Billet Specialties
Thanks

ranchero57

Hey Bubba
  Try this--Coys Equipped (American Racing Torqlite)303-297-2697.I found them on ebay.  Campy

RICH MUISE

I think the difference may be which torque thrusts you are looking at...the make several models. If I remember correctly they make a 2 piece model which would be the one with different backspace options.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe