News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

stripped my club coupe

Started by clubcoupe57, 2010-02-28 23:56

Previous topic - Next topic

clubcoupe57

Finally getting my clubcoupe ready to take to the body shop, they wanted $1500.00 JUST TO STRIP IT, so I bought a new 2 stage air compressure and did it myself , paid for the compressure and made alittle to boot! My arms and hands are pretty tired, but poor people have poor ways. Might a have a finished pic in a few months, its only been 6 years working on it!

hivolt5.0

Lookin' good!   O0

What color are you having it painted??

cool57

Quote from: clubcoupe57 on 2010-02-28 23:56
Finally getting my clubcoupe ready to take to the body shop, they wanted $1500.00 JUST TO STRIP IT, so I bought a new 2 stage air compressure and did it myself , paid for the compressure and made alittle to boot! My arms and hands are pretty tired, but poor people have poor ways. Might a have a finished pic in a few months, its only been 6 years working on it!

Divide your hours into 1500, add in wear and tear on you and your compressor and it's easy to understand why they wanted $1500. :002:

JPotter57

For me, like clubcoupe, it is a lot easier to spend my time, use my compressor that has paid for itself a dozen times now, and a little sweat than to spend $1500 for stripping paint.  That buys a lot of groceries man....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

clubcoupe57

top half will be white bottom bright yellow, interior already done.

05gt