News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

428CJ Into 57 Fairlane-Radiator Suggestions

Started by Bubba, 2010-03-09 05:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba

Bros:
We're getting ready to swap the 428CJ into the 57 Fairlane, and was wondering what radiators have been used by others who've swapped in FE engines?  Is there an OEM Ford, or any other make radiator that will work well or is aftermarket the only choice?  Thanks
BuBBa

KidKourier

Bubba,     Ran a few 390's in my '57 and used  the stock radiator from a '58 Ford running the 332/352 FE engine with no problems,also ran the heavy duty radiator from a '57 with a 292 y-block and still had no cooling issues.KID

wildhog

BUBBA, AS THE KID SAYS YOU CANE RUN AN F.E. BEHIND A STOCK RADIATOR, I HAVE A WARM 390 DUAL QUAD C-6 THAT NEVER RUNS WARM EXCEPT IN HEAVY STOP AND GO TRAFFIC. I INSTALLED AN ELECTRIC FAN AND THAT SOLVED THAT. IN THE RANCHERO I AM BUILDING I AM INSTALLING A GRIFFIN ALUM. ONLY BECAUSE I CANT FIND A GOOD STOCK RADIATOR. I THINK FOR THE MONEY SPENT ,IT IS A GOOD INVESTMENT. HOPE THIS HELPS TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

4banger

I have a good stock radiator for sale. Did not have any cooling problems either. Got a Griffin just for an upgrade. If anyone interested, e-mail me at Smokin57Joe@aol.com

Bubba

Bros!
Thanks for the most excellent advice!
This is definitely THE FORUM for 57 Fords!
That stock radiator you have for sale is it a 57 Y Block Radiator or an FE radiator from a later Ford?
Thanks Again All
BuBBa

Frankenstein57

When I dirt tracked 57's in the 70's, I ran a 427 on a stock radiator no problem. Mark

4banger

57 Y block. It was reconditioned. Have the slip, but right this minute can't remember the date when it was done. Handled my 390, and my 427 fe.