News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Finally

Started by clubcoupe57, 2010-03-17 08:46

Previous topic - Next topic

4banger

Forgot one other thing, Bumper Boyz gave me a 2 year written warranty.

shopratwoody

Rick,I don't know of their current quality, but OC Plating did my bumpers and grill over 20 yrs ago
and still looks good. They're on Parker St. in Orange.
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

wildhog

I WAS RIPPED OFF BUY A COMPANY CALLED BUMPERS&GRILLS OUT OF ROWLAND HEIGHTS CA. I HEARD THEY ARE STILL IN BUSSINES UNDER ANOTHER NAME. IF YOU GET A RECHROMED BUMPER IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN MINE, AS I GAVE THESE GUYS ABOUT 20 CORES FOR 57 FORDS!! TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

shopratwoody

That don't sound good Tom :006:
I hate blocksanding!

Bubba

All:
I thought with all this discussion going on about platers, the good, the bad, and the ugly, I would call Paul's and get a rough order of magnitude estimate on re-palting a 57 front bumper.  The gent I spoke with said for a bumper with dull chrome, no major rust, and no major dings he would estimate the cost at between $800 and $1,000 not including shipping.  It isn't cheap but Paul's work is world class, the best.  As was mentioned in this thread before "You Get What You Pay For". Just my $.02 worth.
BuBBa

clubcoupe57

Hi guys , took my back bumper to Portland Swap meet and gave to the Bumper Shop guy,They rechromed my bumper for $300.00, I could of saved on the shipping if i could have met them in Portland on there way to Monroe Wa. They called but I was gone that week-end. I recieved the Bumper this week and I am very pleased, there is one flaw about the size of my little finger and I called them up and they said no problem they would take care of it, I told them I needed a fromt bumper next year and they said they would make a good deal on it if i didn't want to send it back, I am not a perfectionist and nobody will know its there but me, They were very polite and good to work with and the bumper looks great to me, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.