News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Kudos to three suppliers

Started by RICH MUISE, 2010-03-22 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Three suppliers I have used that were absolutly outstanding with their service:
EATON SPRINGS: knew exactly how to get me where I wanted to be with my suspension, delivery was prompt.
INLINE TUBE:They do not stock anything, but unbelievably they said my entire stainless brake line kit would be shipped the next day, and it was. Workmanship was oustanding...it was a "wow.these are nice" when I opened the box.
DROP 'N STOP: Dave(?) was extremely patient answering all of my novice questions. The shipping was prompt, everything was done exactly as he said it would be. He collects $100 for shipping regardless...he'll pay the difference if it's over and refund the difference if it's under. My refund check arrived the day before the brake kit! The kit was great as long as you realize that some of what your getting are reworked old parts (little dents on the repainted dust covers,etc.). The only minor problem I had was since I ordered the 2 1/2 dropped spindles, leaving the spindle not coming down on the ball joint all the way,there should have been a means included of holding the rubber boot down, a function normally done by the spindle if it's used in it's original position. Fortunatly I caught it before I got too far. A quick trip to o'reilly's netted me a free 6" sample of high pressure rubber tubing just the right diameter to fit over the ball joint spindle. I cut about a 5/8" long piece, slipped it on the ball joint before the spindle, and it worked like a champ.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe