News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

EZ2Wire...

Started by JPotter57, 2010-04-01 12:08

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

I found the seller for this kit on ebay, and got a really good deal on it, a 21 circuit kit for $165.  It has the big gauge wire for the ignition switch, bigger than even Painless.  There is plenty of length in this kit, so you can tailor it to fit whichever body you have.  The instructions are very, very detailed, and for this, I would choose it over the EZ Wiring kit I used in my last `57.  All terminals and connectors are included, and all in all, a great kit for the money.  You wont find a Painless kit anywhere near this price, so check it out.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

glen b henderson

James, do you have a link to this one?
Freedom is not Free

JPotter57

Apparently these guys arent selling on ebay anymore.  I looked and all the kits are either Painless or EZ Wiring.  The EZ Wiring kits are very good, as this is what I used on my first `57.  I got the all black kit last time.  Every wire is labeled every 5 inches as to what it is.  The color coded wires are the same way, labeled, but the wires are also color coded to GM specs, so you can uses a GM column with no trouble.  Since I used a `69 Mustang column head on a `64 Falcon tube last time, I used a Mustang turn signal schematic to match up to the wiring harness.  Only took about an hour to figure it out and get everything working, including the hazard flashers.  I'll see if I can find the instruction sheet from the EZ2Wire kit, and call the phone number. Stay tuned...
Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

OK, here goes, they are still in business, website is http://stores.ez2wire.com/StoreFront.bok.  Bad thing is they have increased their prices a little, the kit I bought is now $209.  It is a very high quality kit, though, uses aircraft quality wiring and insulation, heavier gauge wiring to high load items as well.  Check them out, you wont be disappointed.
Old, loud, and fast.