News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rear Spring Anti-Squeak Pads

Started by Bubba, 2010-04-16 13:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba

Bros:
Does anyone know of a source for 57 63A, rear spring Anti -Squeak pads?
I've seen a couple of listings for 58 pads but no listings for 57's
Are the 57 and 58 pads the same?
Thanks
BuBBA

4banger

I like to know how you detected a squeek from your springs. The squeek may be comming from the crossmember that your shocks are attached to. The tube sits in a round pocket at the frame rail. The welds could have let go. As the leaf spring works and the shock goes up or down, the tube pivots to cause the sqeek. Just curious !!!!!!!

RICH MUISE

www.classicautoparts.com    page 60 of their 49-72 online pdf catalog. they also have poly liner. They show 49-58 being the same, with 57's needing 12 pads
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Bubba

4Banger:
I didn't detect a squeak.
I am getting ready to bolt in a new set of springs in the 63A and was looking for a source for anti squeak pads.  The factory shop manual and the factory parts illustration differ in the location of the pads and the number.  But I could be reading one of them wrong will go back and check tonight.
BuBBa

Ford Blue blood

Those pads really soften the ride by eliminating the friction between leafs.  As the spring compresses and rebounds the leafs actually slide over each other.  The pads allow a small space between the ends and soften the "bump", they don't change the spring rate or ride height.  It is more noticable on lighter cars and the 57 falls into that catagory.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II