News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

I love it..

Started by JPotter57, 2010-04-18 14:54

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Just spent some time unloading my truck and test fitting a dummy block, heads and my tunnel ram today...I cant wait for the real deal to go in this summer....  As soon as I get some paint happening, lol.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

looks cool (I'm wearing out awesome). This is a better view of your valve covers...they look great
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rmk57

What kind of hood are you going to use ?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

JPotter57

Thunderbolt teardrop bubble on a Crites glass hood..I already have the hood, will pick up the bubble when I go back up there this fall...I wont run the tunnel ram all the time, I have a Weiand X-celerator to swap out, probably for winter time use, when the tall intake and multiple carbs will turn into a pain in the tail..
On the other hand, I have been thinking about modifying a steel hood, cutting a big hole in it, and running one of those cool Mr Roadster scoops, polished finned aluminum, not that tacky looking thing with red butterflies in it, but one like the old Project X 57 Chevy had on the movie Hollywood Knights...
Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

sorta like this, except without the bowtie intake, lol..., except if I do that, I might not run a hood at all, like Project X...
Old, loud, and fast.

2x57sedan

if it was me id run the teardrop also  did you sell your white sedan?  in your avatar pic
57 custom sedan
57 failane 500 4 dr (parts 4 sale or trade)
2 60 thunderbirds 1hdtp 1 vert (parts)
69mustang
72 f100

JPotter57

Thats what mine is to look like when I get the white on it. That car actually belongs to the guy who owns Duncs  Ford Parts, Bill Duncan.  I need to put my yellow car as my avatar pic...
Old, loud, and fast.

Hoosier Hurricane

I hear Bill isn't doing very well, showing signs of Alzheimers.  When I talked to him at Columbus last fall, he kept asking me the same questions.  I feel bad, he's a great guy.

John

Bubba

JP:
Don't know if it would fit but have you looked into those old Super Stock style hood scoops that they used to run on the 1962 421 Super Duty Pontiacs?  They had a painted or chrome plated grill.  I'll have to check to see if I still have a picture. They're posted on EBay every now and then.  I am going to run one on my 63A
BuBBa

JPotter57

I hate to hear that about Dunc...I only met him about 5 years ago, so I've not known him as long as some, but he is a great guy.
Old, loud, and fast.