News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

292/312 bolts

Started by milo1957, 2010-04-27 19:53

Previous topic - Next topic

milo1957

does any one know where to get a list of bolt sizes used on a 292 312??

im missing a hand full of mis. bolts that need to be replaced!

i cant seem to find anything on-line.
i had hoped someone in the world had put together a complete list for an engine rebuild!
thanks
milo

RICH MUISE

I've never looked, but you might try surfing the web for companies that specialize in bolt kits, they may give a breakdown on bolts that are included... Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

milo1957

thanks rich, i have been looking. i have found a couple bolt kits. (none of them complete)  no head bolts, intake or exhaust bolts...really just dress up kits! and no sizes!  i have a second motor i may just take apart and compile my own list!

cool57

You might try the two volume parts manual. I used it to find sizes of various bolts, nuts and screws in my car when I wanted to buy all new and some SS from Fastenal. It was easier to make a list that way than measuring each and every old bolt.

Lou

I believe the 1949/1959 master parts catalog has exploded views in one book showing a code and a listing of the codes and standard parts in the other.

milo1957

thanks guys!  i have the parts book on the computer. but i dont have the second volume with the codes...i will have to get my hands on that.   thanks again!

milo1957

there are only a few more i need to figure out.

i need.

the short water bump bolts  i think they are 5/16 ct (how long?)
fuel pump bolts
intake manifold bolts and the studs for the hold downs.
starter
generator

i have about 3 292/312 around so its not a big deal. im going to have to pull some stuff off the parts car 312 anyway but when i finish this motor im going to build the 312 out of the parts car, so they will need replacing.

Lou

Water pump short bolt  1 1/4
Fuel pump  3/8 16, 1 1/2 (see page 304 *
intake manifold bolts 3/8 16, 1 1/4 (see page 314)*
Starter  5/16 18, 1 1/8 (see page 537)*
Generator , not sure, see page 508*

*1949/1959  Master Parts Catalog parts and Accessories TEXT catalog.