News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Disc Brakes 6

Started by JPotter57, 2006-12-10 18:02

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

fiv7ford
Site Admin

Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Disc brakes Revisited...Granada discs   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

forddelrio
'57 Ford aficionado
(11/12/03 5:11 pm)
Reply Disc Brake Install are now posted
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I now have my '57 Ford disc brake installation page up and running. Go to: www.wurthitdesigns.com/57FordDiscBrakes.htm

drtyrrel
'57 Ford aficionado
(11/13/03 9:38 am)
Reply re spindles
I wonder if you could use unmodified granada spindles with granada ball joints and tie rod ends ?

RCSignals
RanchWagon57
(11/14/03 2:14 am)
ezSupporter

Re: re spindles
57FordDiscBrakes

Fairlane500Ron
'57 Ford aficionado
(11/15/03 7:42 am)
Reply Re: re spindles
Great Job, Rick
Nice clear pictures and will be very helpfull when I start my conversion.
The R & P pictures are great as well.
Thanks for posting them for us.
Ron

(Banner created by Linden )

Edited by: Fairlane500Ron at: 11/30/03 9:11 am

forddelrio
'57 Ford aficionado
(11/16/03 8:25 pm)
Reply spindles & brakes
I'm very pleased you like the pics. I missed taking a few pictures while I was installing the calipers. I got on a roll and forgot to pick up my camera. Watch for my floor pan install pictures. I'll be starting that phase this week.
rodnut@wic.net

dragpak
'57 Ford aficionado
(11/17/03 6:40 am)
Reply Re: spindles & brakes
SWEEEEEEEEEEET

danVilla
'57 Ford aficionado
(11/26/03 5:52 pm)
Reply Re: spindles & brakes
Are there any plans to make this a power brake setup?

Has anyone moved thier '57 to a more modern powe rbooster setup? I'm considering this option for my ranch wagon. I've seen dual diaphram power boosters for as low as $150, and some '57 specific setups for as much as $399.

I'd like to hear about other's experiences in this power brakes realm....

fordub
'57 Ford aficionado
(11/26/03 6:02 pm)
Reply power booster
Hey Dan,
I used a pinto booster because of the small diameter. It clears my big FE valve covers and is small enough it still looks nice. I used a Lincoln mark IV master cylinder for the 4 wheel disc. Works perfectly. The ranchero stops on a dime. gives me change back too. I did have to modify the firewall with a new plate.

friapop
'57 Ford aficionado
(11/26/03 8:05 pm)
Reply rear disc?
What did you use for rear disc?

danVilla
'57 Ford aficionado
(11/27/03 12:46 am)
Reply Re: rear disc?

I also have the 4-wheel discs on my custom

I used Granada spindles in the front. Didn't like the big ugly calipers (they rusted nicely!)... so I went to polished wilwood dynalites. I had a great time time trying to find a hub for the Granada calipers, but I found it finally, then I had to fabricate a mounting bracket for the calaipers. It was quite an adventure, but the pain and effort was well worth the end product.

For the rear I used the standard willwood 9 inch rear kit with polished calipers.. I used the wilwood kit with the second manual mini-caliper for the parking brakes. Hooked those up to the standard hand brake cable allready on the car. (then I threw some torq thrust II's in the mix)...

For the master cylinder I used the wilwood 1 1/16 inch bore master cylinder. It all works pretty well, but I'm moving to power brakes as soon as I get some more input from everyone else.

I have to send pictures to update my profile.

fordub
'57 Ford aficionado
(12/22/03 6:11 pm)
Reply rear disc
I used a lincoln versailles 9" rear end with the 31 spline axles. Tough as nails.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.