News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Meteor Rideau 500

Started by 2drhrdtp57, 2010-05-11 03:35

Previous topic - Next topic

2drhrdtp57

Hey,

Looking for some good pictures of 1957 Ford Meteor Rideau 500 2 door hardtops, anyone have abything in their collection of pics???

1957      _____________     Ford
    \___((_____________))___/
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]
        [__]  0             0  [__]

Y Blocks, The New Flathead

Zapato

Did a quick Google search and found lots of images not to mention information. Had never heard of the Rideau 500 so just had to look into it for myself. I've seen the 57 Meteor grille before but never the various side trims. Amazing what an extra $25 bought back in 57.

Did NZ get that model or was it just Canada? My understanding is that your neighbors in OZ just got a dolled up 56 as their 57 ford. What was sold in NZ as a 57?
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

canadian_ranchero

i have a 57 canadian collision catalogue.the pictures are drawings.if they are helpfull to you, i can post some.let me know 

2drhrdtp57

Quote from: Zapato on 2010-05-11 16:43
Did a quick Google search and found lots of images not to mention information. Had never heard of the Rideau 500 so just had to look into it for myself. I've seen the 57 Meteor grille before but never the various side trims. Amazing what an extra $25 bought back in 57.

Did NZ get that model or was it just Canada? My understanding is that your neighbors in OZ just got a dolled up 56 as their 57 ford. What was sold in NZ as a 57?

Yes in three tone they look awesome, New Zealand only recieved US style models out of canada in RHD, our models followed the USA. Australia used the 56 through until 59 and the USA 59 was a 60 over there, but used the meteor grille, They used a meteor grille and refer to thier Customlines sometimes as a Star Model, In NZ we refer to our 58 Customs as Customlines although they were never officiallly named that and Custom 300 Trims as Goldflashs although they were never officially named that either...
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]

2drhrdtp57

Quote from: canadian_ranchero on 2010-05-11 17:02
i have a 57 canadian collision catalogue.the pictures are drawings.if they are helpfull to you, i can post some.let me know 

Thanks I have one of those also that was where I first learned of the Rideau 500, I have a liking for the Hardtop 63A body style and the three tone and stainless trim on the Rideau is quite unique. There is a pic of a Black / White / Yellow car in the google images, which makes you drool...
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]

Zapato

that black/white /yellow car is incredible, what I hadn't noticed was how the grille wraps around into the frontfenders. Really like that touch, not so fond of the large V in the center of the grille starts to cross into the (IMHO) gaudy look of the 57 Mercury.     :unitedstates:
Zapato

2drhrdtp57

I wonder if it would grow on you like a 58 Edsel, these things take time... :003:
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]

Zapato

Not sure, I always liked the 58 Edsel. Could be because there was a 57 Ranchero in my neighborhood that sported an Edsel front clip and taillights. Really separated it from the rest but believe lots of people thought it was a stock offering. Course I was about 10 years old and car crazy..........
Zapato

2drhrdtp57

Anyone from  :canada: on here that owns a Meteor? Anyone from  :unitedstates: that has one south of the border?  Ithink they are awlsum.
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]

canadian_ranchero

you can check out my meteor ranchero on members rides. i am from canada.the information i have is that ford made 2,254 rideau 500 2 dr ht

2drhrdtp57

Nice and thank you, The Meteor is a great looking vehicle, everything a 57 and something a little unique.
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]