News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Can anyone help me?

Started by Norway, 2010-05-17 12:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Norway

My 57 Fairlane 500 were imported to Norway in 1983. I'm the third owner here. is there any possibility to find the former owners in the U.S.?
I thought of to try and find out how many owners it has been and the names of them.
and maybe try and make contact with any of them.

Arctic Customs

Lou

Where did your car come from (state). Did you buy from a dealer or person? Did you receive a title with the car?

JimNolan

Norway,
   I traced my 57 Fairlane back to 1971. I wrote to the State DMV in which I purchased the car and got every piece of paper that had its Vin number on it. I tracked it through three states and lost the trail when I couldn't have access to the State of Washingtons records. I was able to talk at length with each person that owned the car also. The way to do it is write DMV of the state that you bought the car from and see if they'll send you the records. Once you have that you can see if its title was transferred from another state. Then you write that state and on and on and on. They'll give you the address of each person that owned it and where they lived. Then you just look them up in the white pages for that town. I compiled a lot of information, pictures and the original owners manual that came with the car. The guy saved it because he liked the car so much but needed a better car. He was kind enough to give it to me. Good luck. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.