News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

5.4 DOHC into stock 57' frame

Started by Nevr2nd69, 2010-06-09 15:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Nevr2nd69

Guys - Has anyone ever seen or heard about anyone putting a 5.4 DOHC motor into a stock (perhaps modified) 57' frame?  Just wondering if it's possible to take the motor and tranny from on 07'-10' GT500 and swap into a 57' from without having to use an aftermarket front stub.

Thanks for the input!

rclaborne

Quote from: Nevr2nd69 on 2010-06-09 15:55
Guys - Has anyone ever seen or heard about anyone putting a 5.4 DOHC motor into a stock (perhaps modified) 57' frame?  Just wondering if it's possible to take the motor and tranny from on 07'-10' GT500 and swap into a 57' from without having to use an aftermarket front stub.

Thanks for the input!

1. "perhaps modified" Yes you could put up to a RollsRoyce v12 in a perhaps modified frame.
2. "without having to use...front sub" Suggest you read through the threads of the subject: "4.6 engine swap", look at the pictures and decide for yourself if a wider spread, taller deck 5.4 will go in there.

Nevr2nd69

Quote from: rclaborne on 2010-06-09 16:39
1. "perhaps modified" Yes you could put up to a RollsRoyce v12 in a perhaps modified frame.
2. "without having to use...front sub" Suggest you read through the threads of the subject: "4.6 engine swap", look at the pictures and decide for yourself if a wider spread, taller deck 5.4 will go in there.

Thanks - will check out that post for details.

JPotter57

I have an acquaintance who is putting a Lightning 5.4, supercharged, into a 57.  I havent spoken to him in a while, but it should be in the car and on the way to running by now.  The trick is to use the Continental 4.6 front sump oil pan and pickup to get it onto a set of custom motor mounts.  Getting the big, wide 5.4 into the car is the easy part, getting the electronics operable and running, that  is the toughie.  It can be done the hard way, by modding a stock harness, like my dad did with his 4.6 32V 63 falcon, or you can go the expensive way, and buy the Painless or Ron Francis kit.  Either way, it will take some time to sort out the various modules and sensors the mod motor needs to run.  Good luck, and keep us updated with photos.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

canadian_ranchero

i think the taller deck of the 5.4 will put the exhaust manifolds right into the upper control arms

rclaborne

Quote from: canadian_ranchero on 2010-06-15 11:26
i think the taller deck of the 5.4 will put the exhaust manifolds right into the upper control arms

Precisely why I suggested he take a look at your 4.6 pictures in the other thread before getting married to this idea.