News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Bob's 57 AGIN Following Supercharger Installation

Started by 57AGIN, 2010-06-09 16:12

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

About two months ago I finally had a relatively small and streetable supercharger installed on my 351W.  It has now been pretty well dialed in on a dyno and the results are shown on the attached photo. 

I've found the car is actually somewhat easier to drive on the street than before this latest modification.  Before as the car came off idle when driving on the street, I used to get a minor hesitation/stumble and slight chatter of the clutch.  Now there is no hesitation or clutch chatter.  Apparently the slight boost at 1,000 RPM is sufficient to overcome whatever was causing the previous anomaly.

I'm posting the dyno run before and after the supercharger install.  Note the torque curve doesn't drop off as fast as before and we cut the run off at 5700 RPM due to an increase in the air to fuel ratio to ensure no detonation problems.  Shown also is a shot of the interior of the carb enclosure box.  I'll follow up with a couple of more shots of the install.  It was fun before, it's a blast now.

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

Some more photos and discussion.

The next photo shows the throttle linkage outside the carb enclosure and the location of the air filter.  No problems with the throttle linkage and it works off the original 57 linkage.  However, the air intake for the supercharger is located right above the headers.  Bad!!! Bad!!! Bad!!!  I'm in the process of getting an air intake setup coming off the cowl outboard of the windshield wiper pulley on the driver side.  It will go into a box we are fabricating that will hold the air filter and then out into the supercharger intake.  There ain't nothing easy is there.

The final shot is of the overall installation.  This Paxton setup was designed for installing on 67 Selby's and they didn't have a raised Edelbrock Air-Gap intake manifold.  Therefore, the flex tubing to raise the supercharger discharge pipe to the level of the carb enclosure box sitting on top of the Air-Gap intake.  I'll be fabricating a nicer looking setup for this, too.

Bob
57 AGIN