News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

posting and resizing pictures

Started by RICH MUISE, 2010-06-11 21:25

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I've noticed on a number of occations members have said they have had problems posting pics because the image file was too large, or that it still wasn't working after they resized. Some have said that they didn't have the software to do it. I had the same problem when I first tried to do it and it took several nights to figure out the problem. There may be other ways to do it, but this is what worked for me and should work for just about all of you because the software to do it is part of the basic microsoft operating system package that came on your computer. The trick is getting to that software instead of an upgraded photo editing program to maintain the link between the photo and the post your working on..here's how:
When you want to add a photo to the new topic (or reply)window, go to the bottom of that window and click on "additional options". when that opens click on the brouse button next to attachments. That will open up a menu to search for your photo. If you do not need to resize your pic, just double click on the pic's thumbnail and the pic. info will be inserted in the attachments.Click on additional attachments for up to 4 pics totalling no more than 4mb.
If you need to resize...
When you find the photo, do not left click as usual on it...right click instead.Select "open with" from the pop-up menu, then chose "paint". Up at the top click on image, then click on resize. you are going to want to use the percentage reduction option that is up at the top and at this point showing 100%.I shoot with a high pixel camera, so I had to change the 100% to 25% for it to reduce small enough to post 4 pics. You may not need to reduce that far, You'll just have to experiment. Change both horiz. and vert. %'s. close the window by clicking the normal red x at the top and a window will pop up asking if you want to save...click yes and it will return you to the original pic. location. Now you can just double click on it and it should insert the pic info next to the brouse button...and your good to go.    Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford_Fellow

Will see if this works...Picture of my 57...

I usually post of of photo bucket as they are a good hosting facility...

RICH MUISE

The original post has been edited to correct a missing step sorry about that. Rich

RICH MUISE

hogwagon...Jon, try the above for posting your pics..a number of guys that hadn't posted pics before have used it quite sucessfully. I'm adding this reply to bring it back to the front of the posts again..I think it warrants being looked at by anyone wanting to post pics, as youself.
One note of caution...this will permanently reduce the file size of the photo, so if you wish to retain the original file size version, resize a copy of the pic. I'd keep a seperate folder for copies of pics that will be resized for posting.  Rich

hogwagon

Going to give it a try pic shows property of size under 300k. Wagon day 1 at our house, No laughing it's our new jewel.

hogwagon

One more after a re size attempt

RICH MUISE

Jon...looks like a winner. That is going to look great all prettied up...If it's as solid as it's looking in your pics you'll have an "easy" time of it. I can just see that thing with a trailer hauling around some of your motorcycles. What are your plans for it...restore stock,modified, resto-mod? Looking forward to seeing it on my next trip north.   Rich

hogwagon

Thanks for the kind words on our project Rich. Resto mod for sure with brakes and steering the wife can use. 351w T5 if in the cards. Haul a vintage RV 16' trailer sometimes. Of course the car will dictate what is next. all the rubber and window channel stuff is gone.

Bubba

Ok Rich Here We Go

Bubba

Trying again larger image

RICH MUISE

BUBBawesome!   we love pics.  spent many hours in an identical one in the 60's.   Rich :003:

alvin stadel

Bubba, you have my car, I'm redoing mine again, I fiished it the first time in 1990. Instead of a complete resto I'm just freshening her up a bit. I bought my first 57 when I was about to turn 15, Inca Gold and Black, and have had one that color ever since. everybodys got thier favorite colors and that is mine. A car buddy asked me why I was doing it again and I told him that I'll have this one when all the rest are sold, and when its time to take me out to the west hill I want to go in my 57, never was into Caddys much, I'm dead serious about this, and I want the lake pipes open for my last cruise. take care, Alvin

RICH MUISE

PT...I think this post should help you..I rewrote it several times trying to make it clear as posible, has helped some of the guys....If you need any help let me know.  Rich

Frankenstein57

Alvin, that's an awesome story for your last ride. Really enjoyed your fleet in the gallery pictures. Mark

lowrider

Lets try this